TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TaylerJaney33 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

sigh - July 25th 2011, 05:08 AM

its official
i can no longer play soccer. the injuries from my car accident were too extensive. the doctors say im lucky to be able to walk. and i am grateful for that mircale. but, im going to be starting my junior year of highschool, its supposed to be the biggest year for college soccer scouts. and now, ill never get to play again.
what if people make fun of me for how i cant walk properly, or how now i have short term memory loss. what should i do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: sigh - July 25th 2011, 08:46 AM

You have to come into acceptance. Sometimes unexpected events happen in life. You just have to live on with this. Try to find another hobby. I know soccer was life for you, but due to your injuries, you cannot pursue that at this time. Hopefully as time goes along, your injuries will have been healed, and you will be able to go back to soccer. Right now, focus on recovery.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
The lightgreenness. :D
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: sigh - July 27th 2011, 12:10 AM

As Jesse said, you have to focus on getting better. I know it's hard not being able to do something that you love, but if you dwell upon that, it may make you feel worse. Focus on working hard to get better, and maybe someday you'll be able to play again. Stay positive about recovery. As for people making fun of you, if it happens, just try your best to ignore them. I know it can be hard, as I've been made fun of for how I walk [I have Cerebral Palsy] but you can overcome what people say to you. What you have to remember is if people make fun of you, what they say isn't true. You can get better from this.. Stay strong. <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: sigh - July 29th 2011, 09:54 PM

I agree with the other two who posted! Keep a positive attitude and focus on getting better. There's definitely still a chance that you'll be able to play soccer again in the future. Keep your head high when others make fun of you. People can be cruel, but you'll get past it. Make sure there are people in your life that you can lean on for support. Praying for you!

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: sigh - August 1st 2011, 12:28 AM

Hey, just focus on getting better. Don't worry about what people say or think. Those who may say mean things just aren't worth it! You deserve so much more than that. Stay strong and stay positive. We're all here for you. <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: sigh - August 2nd 2011, 10:21 AM

Congrats that you are healthy, I'm so glad! I'm so sorry you can't play soccer though. But there is hope. There have been people that have been able to make a great turn around in their recovery, and go beyond doctors' expectations. Have hope! You may not be able to play, but if you stay positive and try your best, maybe you can! Focus on your recovery, and getting better, and trying to make your life as fullfilling as possible, soccer or not.
PM me if you ever need!

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
Closed Thread