TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Foreveralways Offline
Forever and alway<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: M:)

a ADD life - December 28th 2011, 08:53 AM

This ADD this is driving me to be more stress! I have know what clue what to do with school since they want to put me on a plan. And my school filled with really smart people.... Ill feel like I'm the dumb one with accommodation like suplametry notes. My teacher just see me as a ADD kid with problems. I don't want the world to only look at me through this ADD filter. I have no clue what to do about ADD.....I mean what wrong with me? Why do I need to be diffrent just cause my heads a little diffrent, that i focus different.

I love you<3 I'm here for you!! PM me or VM me for anything you need!!!STAY STRONG!
TUMBLR<3 follow me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: a ADD life - December 29th 2011, 08:48 AM

Hey,

Don't ever feel that anything is wrong with you. Learning disorders in general are raising at an disarmingly rate; you'll be surprised how much other people do have it.

If you look at it, the majority of us do posses something that may require special attention that we may not desire. Take for example in real life I do have a stuttering problem, it has gotten really better but even before I had a plethora of special treatment, my therapist would always come to pull me out of class where everyone could see and know. Like you I hated all this special treatment, I couldn't really understand why i needed everything. I had to endure many teasing along the way, teachers even looked down on me because I could not say a full sentance.

Throughout though, I learned that what ever issues I may have;rather it be my stuttering or something else that it's only tempoary. You may be put on a plan and stand out;but continue to just study hard and prove these people who think we aren't normal wrong.

You can do it

"This is 10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 15% Pain; And a 100% reason to remember the name!"
Buddy/Live Help Operator/Technology and Gaming & Current Event and Debates Forum Moderator
PM/VM
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Re: a ADD life - December 29th 2011, 11:07 AM

There is nothing wrong with you I have ADHD and I remember in school espically when I was in primary/elementary school I felt like the only one in the school who needed help with thier work ect. Though that was not quite true as I was not the only one in my school who needed help with thier work. The plan may help I know when I went into senior school/secondary school I had an IEP and everything, it helped a-bit as it meant other teachers understood me and understood how I learnt well most of the time.Then other teachers just looked past it and told me to concentrate a few even yelled at me for god's sake be quiet.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Wildflower ♥ Offline
Soakin' up the way of life
I've been here a while

Name: A Team

Re: a ADD life - January 12th 2012, 03:38 AM

Hey,

Since 3rd grade I have been getting accommodations. That's 11 years now. I am now in college and I still get double time on tests. We are going to see the world a little differently, and the world is just going to have to look at us a little differently. But we will do what needs to get done. What I try to do, is keep it on the DL, like I go to the teacher after class and such, so then it doesn't make as big of deal. Teachers, before they become teachers have to take classes on how to accomodate kids like me and you, so they can help us get through in life. That's what they are there for.

Send a message via AIM to Wildflower ♥ Send a message via MSN to Wildflower ♥ Send a message via Skype™ to Wildflower ♥ 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Incompris Offline
Isaiah 40:30-31
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Chandler

Re: a ADD life - January 12th 2012, 04:09 AM

Did you know that people with learning disabilities are actually smarter than the general population? In order to be diagnosed with one you have to have a high IQ with test results that don't match. Plus, your classmates will not assume you are stupid either. If you haven't told them, they probably don't even know.

Teachers don't look at kids with LDs as "problem kids." Your teacher honestly wants to see you succeed.

I myself and dyslexic, and I'm in college now. Dyslexia can cause a lot of the same symptoms as ADD, such as losing focus, not remembering what you just read, etc. I've figured out how to cope on my own. I still struggle at times, but I somehow managed to come out of my classes last semester with good marks. You can too, you just have to figure out that perfect method that works right for you and your school only wants to help you find that method with this program. I suggest you do it.

We were made to be courageous.

Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think itís more than you can take
But you're stronger, stronger than you know
Donít you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Shawn K. Offline
SoCali Baller
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shawn

Re: a ADD life - January 12th 2012, 04:52 AM

The "hands down", "no contest" absolute smartest kid in my school is a Sophomore with ADD. When he doesn't take his meds he can be an annoying pain in the ass because he's always playing around, talking off topic, or some stuff... But he is absolutely brilliant...

15 Straight - Loving Life - Love meeting new peeps - Want to help if I can

Girl: "My doctor says I can't have sex for a while."
Boy: "What does your dentist say?"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Shawn K.  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread