TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ChrissCopp11 Offline
ChrissCopp
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ChrissCopp

Sex/Masterbating - May 29th 2012, 08:12 AM

I find my self so strongly addicted to sexual acts which could be simply teenage hormones, however I go through times where I won't wanna do anythign for like a week becasue of how much I put into it for so long. like I drain my body out. I guess this isn't so much of a question but is it bad? Is it normal? and should I feel weird about it?

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Sex/Masterbating - May 29th 2012, 10:53 AM

Hey there,

This is completely normal at your age. When it comes to sex or masturbating, I always say that if it's taking up a lot of your time (like, an unhealthy amount of time) or you are causing pain to yourself, then it's a problem. Other then that, it's fairly normal. I'd recommend trying to limit it so your libido is more stagnant and you can have fun more frequently without the quiet period. However, it's really preference. It's kind of nice being more in the mood for a while, and taking breaks, makes it more fun. If you think this is becoming a problem, the best thing I'd suggest is just getting more things to do rather than masturbating or having sex. When you want t masturbate, you can do something else. But really, there isn't a norm for how much you "should." As a teenager, it's pretty normal to have these feelings, so don't worry.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Sex/Masterbating - June 1st 2012, 09:38 AM

As Traci has said, this is completely normal for your age. You're at an age where your hormones are going crazy. Masturbating is actually a very good way of dealing with those feelings, because it's the safest form of sex. And having sex is also perfectly fine so long as you protect yourself.

When you say you don't want to do anything for a week, do you mean masturbating and having sex? Because this is also normal and perfectly fine. It's up to you when you masturbate and how long for. Some people never masturbate, some people do it occasionally, some people do it a lot. You don't need to feel weird about this because it's completely personal. And in the case of sex, if this is relevant to you, so long as both you and your partner(s) are happy with the pattern then it's also fine.

If you are finding that you don't like how much time goes into this, or you want to stop or not do it as much, then try filling your time with other things. Spend time around other people so that you can't do anything.

Otherwise, carry on how you are and stay safe.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Fallen Offline
I am epic lol, so is my dog.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: David munoz

Re: Sex/Masterbating - June 1st 2012, 02:37 PM

I guess as Traci and Hester said, it's normal for someone your age.

But if it's getting to be a problem, then try doing these exercises.

1. Look or think of a picture of your mom, dad or any relative. It would feel weird masturbating with those images in your head, and will probably control your constant urges.
  2. If your urges still continue, call a friend over or see if your friend is doing anything that allows you to tag along, this works wonders since you will mostly be preoccupied having fun with him/her, and doing outdoor activity.
  3. Again, if your urges still take over, then take a stroll to a public place, if you have an IPod, listen to music. This will help your urges since your in a public place and know that you can't do it there, the music helps even more since you will probably listening to the song, memorizing the lyrics and singing under your breath.
Now, I'm not saying you need to do this EVERY day. Only when you feel that you have done it too many times. Masturbating a Couple days out of the week is fine and perfectly normal for all teens, but if you find yourself doing it more frequently and wish to stop, then it's time to try to exercises.

Hope this helps you out and remember; You're not alone

-Fallen(aka, David Munoz)

My reward for going 200 days, this puppy

Last edited by Fallen; June 1st 2012 at 03:57 PM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Sex/Masterbating - June 2nd 2012, 05:26 PM

It's completely normal for someone your age, so don't be worried. If masturbation/sex is starting to get in the way of your daily life, that's when it becomes a problem. But, if it hasn't reached that point yet, it's perfectly fine. If you personally feel like you are spending too much time doing this, find something else to take its place. When you feel like masturbating, you can do the other activity instead.

Also, remember that the amount of time you spend masturbating/having sex is strictly preference. If you go through periods where you don't feel like doing it at all, that's perfectly fine. Some people tend to spread out their sexual activity, where others just go with it when it comes. It's really a matter of what you like.

Take care!

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

Closed Thread