TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rayman Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Masturbating then smoking right after - December 29th 2012, 03:34 PM

Hi everybody, first post here. I was surfing online about masturbating addiction and discovered this foum. I'm 20 years old, has been smoking since 18 (1 pack per week, maybe even two weeks sometimes), for reference.

Recently in the past two months or so I have been masturbating constantly everyday. It all started masturbating once a week, then it became once per day. And now it got even frequent like at least twice a day or even four times a day (but the thing is I only masturbate at night, never when the sun is up).

The masturbation is usually followed by smoking a cigarette right after I clean up. It feels unusual, but very pleasant and calming after the heart pumping climax.

So the question is am I normal? Or addicted? Any opinions or thoughts on my doing? Help would be appreciated.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Masturbating then smoking right after - December 29th 2012, 03:52 PM

I don't think you need to worry about how often you're doing it. Really the only time masturbation is considered a problem is when it begins to interfere with other aspects of your life (such as not going out with friends or doing homework because you'd rather masturbate).
In terms of smoking after, while it isn't healthy I suppose it's probably as normal as the people who smoke after sex. It's the same idea, although you don't need me to tell you about the health risks associated with the activity as I'm sure you know them.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: Masturbating then smoking right after - December 29th 2012, 04:37 PM

I'll agree with Richard on everything there, but I will add this about smoking, even if you do know the risks:
You're young, take the opportunity to stop now. Half of my family smoked, and now you would not believe the mess they're in a few decades on. Seriously.
So please, please, please - if not for me, for your future children - get some help and advice on quitting.

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Masturbating then smoking right after - December 29th 2012, 06:31 PM

As the other two users have said, everything that you're doing is completely normal. It's totally fine to masturbate multiple times a day, as long as it isn't keeping you from doing the things that you need to get done or the other things that you like to do. Since you said you only masturbate at night, I highly doubt that it's messing with your daily life too much. If you're still not comfortable with how often you're doing it, try to cut back a little bit. But, don't do that because you think it's not normal. Make that choice based on what you want for yourself.

As far as the smoking goes, I don't think there's anything abnormal about smoking after you masturbate. Smoking gives you a high, so it seems as if you're just trying to carry out the high that you get from masturbation. Also, while smoking isn't the healthiest thing to do, I don't think you're to the point that you're addicted. Taking two weeks to finish a pack honestly isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things, especially when you consider the people who smoke a pack or two a day. If you can cut back, I would suggest it. But, that's mainly for health purposes, not for addiction purposes.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Rayman Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Masturbating then smoking right after - December 30th 2012, 11:22 AM

Thanks guys, I made up my mind. Just added another one to my new year resolution to stop smoking. Thank goodness new year is almost here.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Masturbating then smoking right after - January 3rd 2013, 03:36 AM

Good for you! Since you've come to a conclusion about this situation, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. If you want it re-opened, feel free to PM me.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

Closed Thread