TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ChelsAdkins Offline
~Adkins Marie~
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chelsea

Addictions are odd things. - May 10th 2013, 09:00 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

This post is very triggering, not for the faint of heart. Please consider this before reading. I don't want anyone to be triggered by this. Thank you. ~Chelsea~

I supposed I'm addicted to pain. I love the pain I feel from cutting. I think that's why I cut so much. Its not that I'm addicted to the cutting itself, just the pain, and cutting is the most effective way I can replenish that addiction. Now this is going to be odd as well, but I think I'm a bit addicted to the blood. I love how its so warm when your skin is so cold. I dunno. I want to stop, I know I do. I'm in to deep. I'm married to my addiction, and divorce just isn't an option.

~ChelseaAdkins~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Bullet Offline
Amanda <3
Not a n00b

Name: Amanda

Re: Addictions are odd things. - May 14th 2013, 01:29 AM

I can relate to being addicted to the pain.
I however found ways to feel pain without leaving marks, such as:
-Pinching
-Slapping the bend in your arm with a wooden or metal ruler
-Snapping rubberbands on your wrist, arms, or legs.

I had a problem with cutting for 5 years. I finally was able to quit. I look at my scars now, and hate myself for ever starting. I feel uncomfortable in shorts. I hate when people ask me about them, or they stare at my scars. Its not a healthy thing to do, and its something you may regret doing later on.

For the sake of your life and future, I beg you to stop, or at least try. Find another, less destructive, way to feel pain. Cutting isn't good, it really isnt.

If you feel the need to see blood, perhaps mix some cornstarch and water, to about the thickness of blood, and dye it red. take a butter knife, or plastic knife, NOT SHARP enough to actually cut, and run it down your arm, it will appear as blood. This is something I used to do, i would slap my arm until it was numb and throbbing, then add the water solution I just spoke of. It helped me quite a few times.

Overall, please know that it is destructive and unhealthy. I had a friend who swore she could quit. She was like us, needed the pain, needed the blood. She swore she would be ok, and never go too far, but one day, on accident, she did. My friend died over something she thought she could stop. Even though to yourself it may not seem serious, it can be.

There are people who care for you and want you around. So please don't give up or take this addiction too far. If you feel the need to cut, please contact someone. Thats what we are here for.

--Bullet

Bullet <3

PM/VM Anytime!

Instagram: spoiledrottens
PM To Add On Facebook

TeenHelp Member Since 5/11/13
Free of Self Harm Since 5/20/13

To Donate, Please Visit www.gofundme.com/wishescometrue

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Addictions are odd things. - May 14th 2013, 02:07 AM

I totally get what it's like to be addicted to the pain. But, cutting isn't the way to go about it. Why not try doing something else that brings similar feelings without causing damage? One thing that I've done in the past is holding onto an ice cube as long as possible. It produces a stinging sensation similar to the one cutting can produce, but it doesn't cause any actual harm. As Amanda suggested, snapping a rubber band could also be a good idea.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

Closed Thread