TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LegoBuilder Offline
Geek Lover
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Quillen

Addicted to my Twin. - October 1st 2013, 04:21 AM

So this is a bit odd to try to explain, but I'm addicted to my twin brother DJ. We haven't left each others sides since I can remember. He is by far the best friend I could have ever asked for. He know's all of my secrets and he just gets me. I honestly have a fear of leaving his side, or him moving out. We are also currently roommates. We are going to the same collage, and decided to rent a flat together. I've never been away from him for more than a week, and the time when we will have to part is growing closer. I'm so afraid he will leave, and along with him goes my best friend. I just don't want him to forget about me when he goes to pursue his dreams. I will always support him. I want him to follow his dreams and for everything to be all he has ever wanted, but I'm afraid of this new coming change. It's hard. I dunno if I'm the only person out there to ever have a situation like this with someone else, but if I'm not, please, how did you overcome this type of situation?

"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."~Albus Dumbledore

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Addicted to my Twin. - October 1st 2013, 04:33 AM

Hey there

I, too, am a twin. And with twins, comes a very special bond. My twin brother has autism, so we don't communicate too well. But I know how he's feeling somehow. He was my "Womb Mate" Anyway, I think it's natural for you to be scared to be apart from your brother. But I do know for a fact that he won't forget about you since you two are close. One way you can slowly overcome it is to take time away from him and slowly increase that time.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
LegoBuilder Offline
Geek Lover
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Quillen

Re: Addicted to my Twin. - October 1st 2013, 04:56 AM

I've been trying to slowly and thank you for the advice. I've been struggling with this for a bit now.

"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."~Albus Dumbledore

(#4 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: Addicted to my Twin. - October 2nd 2013, 08:30 PM

I'm also a twin, I know it can be hard as I'm always with my sister. As Cassie said, you'll never forget each other, maybe slowly increase the time you spend apart to make it easier. You could go to different clubs to start then maybe stay round a friends house or something like that. I'm always here if you want to talk.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

Closed Thread