TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
anonymous1996 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I love fighting&i need help - May 23rd 2015, 09:32 AM

Hi,

i'm new on this so yeh, i am 17, i live in dubai, i am from a really wealthy and powerful family, but i give them a bad reputation....
Basically, i m a really nice guy, i m really kind and really shy.
i'm also the "good-looking guy" and kind of the popular kid.
I go party every weekend, i drink occasionally and yeh.
I'm 1meters80, i am like skinny/muscular.
introduction made, let's get to the point.
i love fighting...it started when i was in grade 7. I use to live in switzerland with my mother, i never knew my father. i use to get bully in school because i was the only arab in the class, and one time i stood up for myself and i punshed the guy in the face, the feeling i got from that, was just amazing. Since then i love fighting and i do it often, like maybe twice a month. I'm a really nice guy tho, i dont fight for no reason, if i fight someone its beause they were bad towards my friends or someone, or they were just doing something wrong. Every time i have a chance to fight i do it, and i enjoy every seconds of it, but i dont know when to stop and i get really violent. When i fight, someone has to always pull me out of it because i dont stop hitting the guy. My last fight i had, i punshed the guy so many times, he fell on the floor and i started kicking his face, after like 5 seconds, i realised what i was doing, and i dont want to be that kind of guy. i hate this image i see of myself, fighting is no good, whenever i have a fight, i most of the times come home with bruises on my face or bumps....last night i had a fight as well, but this time i actually try to talk to guy and not fight, but he was drunk, while talking to him, he's friend came from behind me and punched me twice, at this moment i said i wouldnt fight, so i called my back-up(which are really powerful people) but the 2 guys left the party when they saw me taking my phone out. my cousin was with me at the party as well, and he had a few words with the guy who punched me, and in fact the guy who punched me, is my cousin's cousin :').
well all this to say, i need to stop fighting because one day something is gonna happen to me and it wont be good, and i fought so many times, came home with so many cuts or black eye, my mom kind of gave up on me and she doesnt want me to live here with her and the rest of the family because i give a bad reputation to the family....i dont know what to do anymore, i am lost, i m at the end of it...i take everything with humor tho, but really i am not ok. I need to find a solution....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Dan11 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I love fighting&i need help - May 23rd 2015, 03:07 PM

Don't worry dude. This might sound kind of clichè and cheesy but fighting doesnt solve much at all. It will cause you to have more enemies and you are righy, some day somethinf might happen if you continue. Well done for not fighting that guy at the party, it was the right thing to do. Turm the other cheek! You can quit doing this!

Im here for you and so is everyone else on the site. Private message me if you ever want to talk

Last edited by Dan11; May 23rd 2015 at 03:54 PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I love fighting&i need help - May 24th 2015, 08:09 PM

Maybe you need to understand that fighting doesn't really resolve the issue at hand. Fighting can make you feel good because you get the adrenaline rush from it, but the issue is still going to be there. Yeah people may be scared of you, but is that what you really want, for people to be scared of you? I know it's hard but only you can change your behavior. When you feel like you need to fight, try other techniques to help you. Try taking some deep breaths and telling yourself "I don't need to do this" and walk away from the situation and deal with it in an appropriate way. Fighting forever isn't going to get you anywhere good and it's something that YOU need to stop.

If you want to talk to us more about it please feel free too! Also, welcome to the site. Its nice to talk to you

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: I love fighting&i need help - May 25th 2015, 04:36 PM

I got into fights with family members and it really isn't worth it. You start to feel the guilt and it eats you up. It not only doesn't solve anything but it makes things 10 times worse. Because honestly, when people are afraid of you they won't respect you. Respect and fear have an inverse relationship. Maybe my situation is different because I don't love to fight. I actually hate fighting and wish I never fought but it does take 2 to fight. Maybe the better thing is to walk away. Don't engage in the negativity, it'll bring you down.

Closed Thread