TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
311tigress Offline
btwn here and there
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dakota

Question addicted to music and friends - October 23rd 2015, 06:10 PM

hi. music is life. music means soo much to me and it works miracles i know that for sure. since i moved from kansas i have found a new kind of music and i am more than glad that i did. the music that i listen to has helped me mentally and emotionally. btw i listen to music like black veil brides, falling in reverse, SayWeCanFly, and many many more. but these 3 have helped the most. i listen to music EVERY chance i get. and cuz i dont have a life, thats often. and also b/c i dont have a life and i dont every go anywhere the only other way i can talk to my friends outside of school is on my school chromebook. and... i talk to friends in class which has gotten me in trouble lately. and my music and friends are starting to affect my grades a bit. but my music and my friends are the only things that make me the happiest. so i guess im not sure if i should follow my heart or my head. well... my head kinda says the same as my heart. but my parents are on a bit different page than me. im stuck between music and friends, and school work and my future. lost and searching...

Stand Up For What You Believe In Even If That Means Standing Alone ~Andy Biersack
Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy, sometimes, it simply means that you are a strong person. -Elena Guilbert (Nina Dobrev)
It's hard for me to show kindness to people that hate me. I'm not that evolved.
Sometimes You Realize That The Only Mistake You Made Was Care Too Much

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Re: addicted to music and friends - October 23rd 2015, 06:50 PM

Hey there I totally get what you mean by feeling addicted to music. Personally I'm not the kind of person who is inseperable with my friends, for the better or the worst, but I can relate to your love for music. My mum has even told me off before for not spending enough "family time" and instead listening to music.
Have you tried juggling both your love for music with your schoolwork? Like listening to music whilst doing homework? I know this doesn't work for all people but personally I find that it helps me study better. So you could try that.

Hope this helps

Skye

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
AMA on teenhelp Offline
im just a dead man walking
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: addicted to music and friends - October 23rd 2015, 08:31 PM

same im a DUBSTEP JUNKY 4 REAL but addicted to friends i doubt that

it takes a strong man to deny whats right in front of him and if the truth is undeniable you create your own

(#4 (permalink)) Old
JazzyJazz Offline
Associate HelpLINK Mentor
Regular TeenHelper

Re: addicted to music and friends - November 6th 2015, 07:16 AM

You need to learn the art of self discipline. Listening to music and talking to friends are both great activities, but sometimes other things have to take priority and you need to be able to think, "Okay, I will do that later, because right now this is more important..."

The different aspects of your life (music, friends and good grades) don't need to be mutually exclusive. That is to say that you can make room for all three. Yes, happiness is important, but so is school work, so I recommend that you find a balance rather than trying to choose between them.

Be kind to yourself.

Closed Thread