TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
qwertyuiop Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Meh. - June 15th 2009, 08:32 PM

Well I'm apparently addicted to my PC, Mac & 360. I guess its true. What ever free time I spend on that. I wake up early in the morning and play computer games. I get home, I play computer games for 3-4 hours, then use my mac and my PC. Now that its summer, I'm spending all of my time on my different screens.

I just don't know what to do. I've got a couple friends who I'll hang out with outside of school but they're always busy. So I'm normally staying home and doing nothing but play video games. What else am I supposed to do?!?! I've got tuns of friends at school but none of them I really want to hang out with.

Wtv. I've uninstalled computer games when I realized how much I've played but I still don't understand what I'm supposed to do to pass the time.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ieatpeople Offline
Teehee..i eat cheeks first...
Average Joe

Name: Nicole

Re: Meh. - June 16th 2009, 02:13 PM

do creative stuff i guess? draw write? complain about the world?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Abstract Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachel

Re: Meh. - June 16th 2009, 02:39 PM

Alright well, I was just like you a couple weeks ago. I realized I had exams so I took breaks. It was hard. Anyway, you should limit yourself, technology is addicting. Like this time I was addicted to Guitar Hero, I started seeing notes on the road and I actually got a ticket once.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
OurLovesSublime Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Meh. - June 16th 2009, 05:59 PM

I always wonder what people used to do 20 years ago to keep themselves busy... read/write/listen to music/play pong or something?? I dunno... It's good that you realized you spend too much time playing video games, and that you are taking steps to make it better But, I feel so many people our age have this problem. We're overwhelmed with mind rotting technology. When I don't have the internet, I don't even know what to do with myself! lol. Just try hard to find something productive to do that you enjoy. Sorry I couldn't be more help....

Closed Thread