TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Resurfaced Offline
|_ 1 F 3 15 †00 |_0|\|6
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nick

I need high's - November 18th 2009, 05:28 PM

I am getting so annoyed now, I can't do anything since my last manic episode all I can think about is feeling that good again. I seriously can't take it anymore, I've resorted to SI again (but with a belt instead of getting scars) and taking dxm and nutmeg (despite how crap you can feel after a lot of nutmeg...) [i cant get my hands on illegal drugs in this country, at least not with my connections]

Everything in my life right now is focussed on this obsession to feel better. I seriously need to start working, but whenever I get my stuff out, if I do, I just stop and obsess about feeling better.

I honestly have no idea what to do, get meds? Well, that should just feed the highs I assume (and i dont want to go back to a psych, would be too awkward with parents).

This has never happened before (for a bit of background I have been rapid cycling for 2 years) I'm so tired of this shit, I shouldn't have to put up with this crap, I'm relatively certain I won't attempt suicide again because I never want to go through that again, but I just want to make this feeling go away, and I cant do anything.
Remaining calm is such a hard thing to do. I'm going to break if this doesn't stop. Has anyone fixed this?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
twk. Offline
Serves Servants
Not a n00b

Name: Šenial

Re: I need high's - November 18th 2009, 09:59 PM

try to keep physically active, play a sport, learn to surf, go for runs, etc. Try and get friends to come do this. Excercise helps keep your mind off things, gives you something to do and is good for you.

Nutmeg highs are really really fail btw, the sheer amount of nutmeg you have to force yourself to eat, for me, is reason enough not to do it again.

However i have better connections for other things so =l

another good idea is to learn an instrument ( i'm learning guitar ).

Just general hobbies things to keep you're mind off things is a good place to start, and from there if that doesn't work consider talking to either close friends, parents (if you can) or teachers, etc.

it's the beauty of confession

eviL.evoL

Send a message via MSN to twk. Send a message via Skype™ to twk. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I need high's - November 19th 2009, 01:52 AM

In terms of highs, in England here, well from drugs here anyways, I'm not sure I'm supposed to say this but I do drink and smoke... Sure they give you a quick fix, but then the next day you regret it, and to get the same effect you need even more.

I'd follow twk.'s advice, productive things are much better, less harmful, and giv e auch more satisfying effect.. How about setting yourself some goals?

How can one love themselves, when they love absolutely nothing?
Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I need high's - November 19th 2009, 02:26 AM

take up an extreme sport, bmx biking, skateboarding, rock climbing somthing that will get ur adrenaline pumping. that always helped me

“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”

Closed Thread