TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Grabungo Offline
Average Joe

Unhappy M rated games fucked my life - May 12th 2010, 02:22 PM

Title says it all i started gaming at 5 years i played Gta 3 one of the most violent games ever and it M Rated (Mature) And it means its usualy 18 + now i have played alots of M rated games im 14 ive been gaming all my life i play CS all kinds of shit... I warn u young people that are younger then me... Dont do the same mistake i cant even sleep at night i shit bricks cuz i belive in all the shit i saw.. Heads behaded blood, Ghosts, Demons, Devil... Im just warning you ive fucked my life so bad i cant do anything about it But i still play them, I have a addiction.. But i still cant sleep or anything so please dont play M rated games unles you are 16 + or 18 +

Last edited by Grabungo; May 12th 2010 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Spelling Problems

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: M rated games fucked my life - May 12th 2010, 03:08 PM

I'm sorry to hear that these games are having this effect on you but you must remember that none of it is real. There only games and nothing is going to happen to you so you shouldn't feel scared.

I know you said it's an addiction to play those games but why not try to find other games you like that aren't as graphic & scary? I'm sure there is plenty of decent games out there that won't stop you sleeping at night and when you feel like you'll be able to deal with the content of the more graphic games, you can go back to those.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: M rated games fucked my life - May 12th 2010, 07:41 PM

I'd seriously see a psychologist about that. Firstly about the addiction and secondly about the sleeping because frankly I've never heard of anyone being seriously disturbed by M-rated games, even at a young age. It's definitely a symptom of something else.
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: M rated games fucked my life - May 13th 2010, 02:25 AM

You're also in Sweden, land of the "addiction clinics for video games" so go book yourself in, and get some help because what you are describing certainly is not normal.

However I dislike this because the media loves this. Violent games corrupting minds, blah blah. Simple fact is these games have certifcates, just like movies. Saying that though. I've played counter-strike since I was 12, parents let me watch 18 rated movies when I was 13 because they knew I could handle it. It's all about self control, if you know you have a problem and an addictive personality then video games are not for you. Or they are if you like MMO's!

As for GTA 3 being the most violent game ever? Have you played Manhunt? Produced by Rockstar too. I personally find games like Manhunt far more disturbing than GTA. Simply because GTA is escapism, ie not real. It's not that often you can get your hands on a tank, a rocket launcher and a variety of other fun weapons. Where as in Manhunt you're killing people with household objects which is slightly more real.

However at the end of the day, Video games are not the issue. It is the people using them and you should get yourself checked out if you really are having all those problems as that does not sound too good at all Andy.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: M rated games fucked my life - May 13th 2010, 09:17 AM

Odd, I have played/watched extremely gruesome things, even snuff films since I was 12 and I am absolutely fine.

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Reflections Offline
Alice
Average Joe

Name: Alice

Re: M rated games fucked my life - May 13th 2010, 02:00 PM

I've never heard of something like this, but I'm not saying it's not possible. I myself have been playing RAtedT/M games since I was 5-6 and I'm fine because I knew if it's on a game it can't be real. I dunno, that's just how I was raised. I agree that seeing someone about this is probably a good idea. This isn't normal to be unable to sleep, and you shouldnt' have to go through that. They can help you realize the line between fiction and non-fiction and maybe even help you be able to sleep at night.

Thats just my opinion.
Take care.
Alice<3
  Send a message via MSN to Reflections  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Apollo Offline
LiveStrong™
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Apollo

Re: M rated games fucked my life - May 13th 2010, 07:43 PM

Like some of the others have said, the games aren't real. I advise you to see somebody about this, because it defiantly isn't normal. I think it is okay to play those types of games at an early age, provided the person is mature enough, and won't be influenced by them in a negative manner.

Always feel free to contact me.
<3 |.YOU ARE LOVED.| <3

.TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY.

You may think the world is better off without you...
The truth:
The world isn't
good enough without you.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: M rated games fucked my life - May 13th 2010, 08:50 PM

Yeah, even when I was little, well before I was 10 (I forget what age), I had seen horror movies with no problem. My mom took me to haunted houses as early as 1 year old. That doesn't have any effect as long as parents differentiate the reality from the fantasy.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Markteenhelp Offline
Mark, Michael, Bry
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Re: M rated games fucked my life - May 13th 2010, 09:04 PM

ive played m rated since i was 6 or 7 and they never bothered me...

Learn from yesterday
live for today
hope for tomarrow

(#10 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Re: M rated games fucked my life - May 14th 2010, 09:31 PM

i dont find this odd. it's like watching horror movies too young. i remember i watched Signs when i was 11. it scared me so bad. i got over it like a year ago. i found out what helped me is that: to talk to myself about it or someone. you have to convince yourself that it's not real and it's gonna be kinda hard. do other things that are simlar but milder, this way you can slowly convince your mind that it's unreal. might make no sense to you, but it helped me.

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
LittleFish Offline
Face-eating Alien
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Se-Se

Re: M rated games fucked my life - May 14th 2010, 10:29 PM

As people have said, the fact that you're so disturbed by these video games isn't normal. However, don't take that the wrong way: there's nothing wrong with you. You're just a little mixed up right now and need to see a psychologist so you can figure out what the real source of the problem is. The video games certainly aren't the cause of this issue, and the ways they affect you are probably a result of something else. You may have a disorder of sorts. I'm not a doctor, so I can't diagnose you. But trust me, it's okay. You're not crazy. This is definitely serious and you need to get help so you can go back to a healthier lifestyle, but I promise you, things aren't as messed up as you think they are. Just keep calm and tell your parents what's going on. The sooner you see someone about this, the sooner this will get better. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. Take care.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Nope Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: No

Re: M rated games fucked my life - May 15th 2010, 01:13 AM

Hm...I'd get that checked out. And play some less gruesome games...try a Sims game. I'd suggest Sims 2 or Sims 3. They're fun and friendly!

(#13 (permalink)) Old
John 6:29 Offline
Romans 2:6-8
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: M rated games fucked my life - May 17th 2010, 01:41 AM

See a psychologist. I've been gaming around the same age as you and I have issues similar to this but not due to video games -- due to bipolar depression.
  Send a message via AIM to John 6:29 Send a message via MSN to John 6:29  
Closed Thread