TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Can you get addicted toooo..? - June 27th 2010, 08:08 AM

I'm sure it's just an obsession but seriously The Heorine Diaires is seriously addictive, I can't stop thinking about how i can relate<= (to save you from reading a loong story) and Nikki Sixx...he's a fricken GOD to me, like seriously i can't stop thinking about The Heroine Diaries, Sixx AM, Motley Crue, and Nikki Sixx, it's like a self medication for me, like im not even joking, and not to mention....can you even get a music addiction, someone said it's only an addiction if it interferes with your everyday life...well music? yeah it does...so can u really addicted to music?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
EJD Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Can you get addicted toooo..? - June 28th 2010, 09:05 AM

Music addiction ain't a bad thing! Well, if it interferes with daily life, then I guess it could be. But, in my opinion, music is the best thing you can get addicted to

I'm addicted to Muse. They're more special to me than any other band... it's not just the music, it's everything about them. The music is indeed amazing, but they're such awesome people too. I love everything about them. For me they're not just a band, but a religion.

There are a lot of shit times in my life. Arguments, etc.. Whenever that happens, I go up and put some Muse on. Everything goes away, because I adore their music and it touches the deepest reaches of my soul. I've even written to Matt Bellamy telling him all this.

And it's not just Muse... I love Biffy Clyro (Bubbles has an amazing chorus... makes me feel amazing), Dire Straits, Amy MacDonald, Stevie Ray Vaughan... loads.

Music is a drug, and can make you high as a kite. And I love it. I love being high on music. I love playing guitar, I get hyper on music

And, yes, I'm getting very carried away! But addiction to music is certainly better than addiction to, say, hard drugs or alcohol. No doubting that. It could be bad if you let it take over your life and it stops you seeing friends, makes you miss appointments, etc etc.. But music is the purifier of life in my opinion, so I can't think of a better thing to be addicted to

I love being a music addict

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheLittleNinja Offline
I'm a secret ninja ;)
I've been here a while

Name: Claiiiiiiiiire

Re: Can you get addicted toooo..? - June 28th 2010, 12:20 PM

I personally believe that you can addicted to anything. As long as the music doesn't interfere with your studies or work, then having an obsession with music is actually pretty normal for most teenagers these days

But other than that I agree 100% with Ethan (Even his band choice )

I'm still alive.
Must have been a miracle
It's been one hell of a ride
Destination still unkown
It's a fact of life: If you make one wrong move with a gun to your head
You better walk the line or you'll be left for dead.

I'm a runaway train on a broken track
I'm the ticker on the bomb that you can't turn back
Thats right.
I got away with it all and I'm still alive.
Let the end of the world come tumbling down.
I'll be the last man standing on the ground
As long as hot blood runs through my veins
I'm still alive.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: Can you get addicted toooo..? - June 28th 2010, 04:06 PM

There is no doubt in my mind that music is an addiction, but for me... It's like saved my life. Haha. Whenever I'm going to do something bad to myself, I take my guitar, and start playing/writting a song that describes EXACTLY how I feel... Actually, I'm kind of good... If only my voice were better! Haha. And if I'm at a low point... I just throw my earphones in and I feel like the wolrd around me doesn't exist... It's a great escape!... If it does interfere with your life.... You might need to try to scale it down a bit... But if not,then embrace it!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Le Papillon Offline
a secret you can keep
I can't get enough

Name: Samuel

Re: Can you get addicted toooo..? - July 3rd 2010, 03:11 AM

haha... yes, music can becom an addiction. whenever im not listening to music, i start to loose my mind. literaly. it calms me down and keeps me on task, but sadly, you cannot listen to music durring school... cant get enough music, unless i hate the music that im hearing. thn i yell at the person playing that dreadful music and tune into mine like there will never be another chance for me to listen to it.

formerly snowstorm, GoneBeyondRepair, and Breathless in Love
Repose en Paix, Grandad/mom H., Sito, Nay, Mary, Aunt S., Peter, Katie, Lexi, Mrs. Radoye, Mandii, Trevor, Megan, Uncle T., Erika, Aunt R., Braxton, Connie, Adam, Grandpa, Buttons ♥
The world will bleed its bloody tale. People will throw their stones. But the one thing you must always remember is:
You no longer walk alone.
-Blake Bliss

Closed Thread