TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Angry Ugh! Junk food! - September 5th 2010, 12:42 AM

I feel like the worse things get, the worse I feel, the more i want to eat. And it's not like Im craving carrot sticks and celery, all I ever want to eat are chips and ice cream and cake and cheese and every little thing I know is bad for me. I eat and eat. And I'm so f***ing sick of it! I've gained like 35 pounds in the past 2 years, I'm already overweight and am on my way to being full out fat. Not to mention, I HATE excersize. Not all excersize, just the free stuff, like community work outs, jogging and school sports. I really wanted to take a dancing class but my mom couldn't afford it. So now all I can do is wait until spring and see if I want to play soccer cuz that's the only sport I like. I guess it has a lot to do with the way I view things, but I won't get into that. Idk why I even posted this. I don't know if I even want help, but it helps to get it out.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Alrex Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: Ugh! Junk food! - September 5th 2010, 03:31 AM

How about exercise with friends?

Find a hobby, or a group meetup for soccer etc that is free

I never exercised until I found trials biking, then I found a huge group of people that did it and it motivated me more. I still eat a LOT of junk food.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAdk_Lrz8HE
heres a video of trials bikers in my city

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: Ugh! Junk food! - September 5th 2010, 02:37 PM

That's a good idea but I don't like bike riding and all my friends are too in shape to need excersize.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
aerochick Offline
Aerosmith Enthusiast
Not a n00b

Name: Jessica

Re: Ugh! Junk food! - September 5th 2010, 04:34 PM

Well, if you like dancing, you could always try dancing just for the fun of it?
Stand in front of your mirror (or don't), make an upbeat playlist full of songs that make you want to move, and just go for it!
You'll feel more comfortable on your own, and if you really get moving you can work up quite a sweat!
Hope this helped!

"Upon us all a little rain must fall..."
- Led Zeppelin

(#5 (permalink)) Old
*x.Kathryn.x* Offline
beLIEve
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kathryn

Re: Ugh! Junk food! - September 19th 2010, 03:25 AM

How is your sleep schedule? If you're not getting enough sleep, you may eat and crave more. And are you drinking enough water? The brain can confuse thirst with hunger, making you eat more. If I feel lazy but don't want to work out or miss a TV show, I do jumping jacks or jog in place during commercial breaks. Hope this helped you out some.

How cruel is the golden rule?

I'm the kind of kid
that can't let anything go
but you wouldn't know a good thing
if it came up and slit your throat...

""How does that make you feel?" is the most annoying sentence in the English language."-myself

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: Ugh! Junk food! - September 19th 2010, 01:34 PM

Get rid of all your junkfood. Throw it out or give it away. It really helps not having it there tempting you.

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
Youíre the diamonds, youíre the pearls
Letís make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
Itís your future, itís your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Letís make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Sarahh9 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sarah

Re: Ugh! Junk food! - September 20th 2010, 07:55 PM

If youre 13, you should have gained weight in the past 2 years because your body is changing. I just thought you should know that.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Dark_Night Offline
Average Joe

Re: Ugh! Junk food! - September 20th 2010, 11:40 PM

Junk food is kind of my kryptonite, well sort of. Every day at dinner I always have one desert whether it be a cookie or a piece of cake. And it doesn't help that our caf. food has junk food all the time either.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Ugh! Junk food! - September 25th 2010, 02:28 AM

Whenever you've craving sweets, try eating something that is still tasty and sweet, but is good for you, like strawberries. Go to the store and buy some fruits, buy some sweet but nutritious things.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
dancinfool Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Ugh! Junk food! - September 28th 2010, 11:38 PM

Keep busy in general- get out of the house on weekends so you don't just sit around all day and eat (thats what I do if I'm not careful!) Go for a walk, go to the library, go meet friends... and if you'd normally end up buying snacks when you're out don't take change with you. Of course if you get out of the house and exercise too thats double bonus :P

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Kekai Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ugh! Junk food! - October 4th 2010, 05:36 PM

Look up free dance videos online! I'm sure there's something on youtube.

With junk food, I know it's hard, but just try to cut back. Save a little bag or container of whatever you're craving, and save the for the end of the day. If you can handle that, then only eat sweets and salts a few times a week. Eat four or five small meals a day rather than eating large ones.

And please exercise. You don't have to be an athlete, but walk to places you can. Warning: Please be careful where you walk, not anywhere dangerous or late at night. Stay where there's a lot of people. Walk with friends if possible.

Good luck! You can do it!

(#12 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: Ugh! Junk food! - October 4th 2010, 09:35 PM

Just keep yourself active. Just because your friends are skinny, doesn't mean that they're healthy and don't need to exercise. Go out for a bike ride, join a dancing club, go swimming once a week! These are all things you can do with friends, or on your own. And they're not too difficult to do either, just fun social active work outs.

As for the food, just have a bit of self control and tell yourself 'no, I will not eat that junk food'. Just try to replace the bad food in your house with some food, healthy foods. And you'll soon get into the habit of eating the right things.

Take care!

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Re: Ugh! Junk food! - October 9th 2010, 05:00 AM

Junk food is addictive because it appeals to our basic cravings -- for sugar (HFCS?), fat (partially hydrogenated soybean oil?), and salt. This is probably not pc for the anorexics out there, but I've overcome my weight problems through exercise and learning to "love," in a sort of masochistic sense, the feeling of hunger. Planning my meals and being hungry when I eat them allows me to avoid junk -- and save money by eating repetitive breakfasts and lunches. At this point the only consideration really becomes portion control, provided your predetermined food choices are good. If you need further motivation, watch Food, Inc. or read Michael Pollan's Omnivore's Dilemma, at the very least you won't eat McDonalds for a day or two

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.

Closed Thread