TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BluEiis Offline
Uberawesome Ninjaness
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Indigo

Thinner - April 30th 2011, 11:18 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Addicted to being thin. I only think about calories. I used to keep a food journal until I found an app on my phone where I can enter in my exercise, and then what I eat.. everything.. and I use it all the time. I make sure I stay in negative calories constantly.. I know I should delete it, but then I'd just go back to a written journal.. I have thinspo pictures everywhere. I have a thinspo folder of songs on my phone. I delete them sometimes, but then I just come right back to them. I need help.
Stay Beautiful<3

I believe in pink<3

I'm not so great with advice. Could I interest you in a sarcastic comment instead?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: Thinner - May 1st 2011, 03:51 PM

It sounds to me like you have an Eating Disorder, or at least disordered eating and yes they are slightly different. The best think I can suggest for you is to get help to overcome this. It won't be easy but it's most certainly not impossible. ED's are not good things and the first step to getting past something is to realize it's a problem which you have. Now you need to act on your realization and get some help.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Thinner - May 1st 2011, 11:51 PM

Hey there,

I know how tough it is to see all these thin woman around us. Its very hard not to compare ourselves to them, but you have to remember that everyone is built differently. Your beautiful no matter what size you are. Counting calories and keeping a journal isn't healthy and its not a very good way to manage your weight. Really its what you eat, not how much you eat.
Instead of limiting how much you eat each day, change it to what you eat. Instead of having half a muffin, have an apple. Little changes like that will give you more energy and will leave you being healthier.
The thing is if you don't eat much it will slow down your metabolism which will get used to eating little. Then you might stop losing weight. When you start eating more regularly, your metabolism won't be used to it and this could cause you to gain weight. Its much healthier and easier to lose weight and stay fit if you eat healthy and get some exercise everyday.

Take care <3

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Noah Zomby Offline
<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Noah Mohandas Tanner

Re: Thinner - May 2nd 2011, 01:11 AM

I agree with Nicole. Where it's not how much you eat, but what you eat. Choose healthier and you will loose weight. And also EVERYONE is built differently. Has a different metabolism. For instance, I could eat a lot, and it wouldn't affect me all that much. It's because my metabolism turns the food into energy quicker than others. Everyone is different. The women that you see on TV and advertising are all fake. So much computer effects have been used on them so that they look A LOT thinner than they really are.

I have almost all my friends say I'm skinny. However, I don't think I am. I want those washboard abs you see on guys, but I don't have them. So I like try to eat less than how much I should. I get kind of happy when my stomach starts to hurt because I'm hungry. When actually, it's not really fat that's preventing me from having abs, but just me not working on them as much as I should.

Also (I can't believe I'm about to say this) pooping helps. It really does. So you could change your diet and instead of eating less of stuff, you can eat more fiber so you can evacuate some of that access weight.

The path you're taking will only lead to misery. Choose a different path while you still can.

Risk something, take back what's yours.
Say something that you know they might attack you for.
Cause I'm sick of being treated like I have before.
Like it's stupid standing for, what I'm standing for.

When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.

Your voice is your own, I can't protect it.

You'll have to sing.
A verse no one has ever, known.
Don't be afraid.
Cause no one ever sings, alone.
Love all.

Closed Thread