TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Angry ?!?! - June 2nd 2011, 03:18 AM

Okay so I realize that this isn't that big of a deal for most people, but all day today I've been craving a cigarette like no other.

I tried one like twice, maybe three months ago or so? And I've never thought anything of it again. But all of the sudden I just want one. Really bad. I mean not bad enough that I would call around for one, but if someone had one, yeah I wouldn't say no.

This is bad ://. My (kind of) boyfriend would be mad if I smoked again, and I don't want to, and this is just weird for me to want.

Anyways..that's all...:/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BethanyAnn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bethany

Re: ?!?! - June 2nd 2011, 07:00 PM

Well, I have never smoked so I don't know, but I know the rubber band method works pretty well, and I'm not talking a ponytail holder I'm talking those office rubber bands.. keep on on your wrist and when you have a craving pop yourself and your body will get the message

"Have no fear for giving in, Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end, Its better to say too much, Than never to say what you need to say again" - John Mayer

Send a message via Yahoo to BethanyAnn Send a message via Skype™ to BethanyAnn 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
HealingAngel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Angie (or Ang)

Re: ?!?! - June 5th 2011, 09:27 PM

Definitely Definitely DEFINITELY don't say yes if for some reason you ARE offered one. The nicotinemust ahve been stored somewhere in your bod and has jsut been released. It is a drug, and it will pass with time. Wait it out, fine something to keep your mind occupied. Call your boyfriend and tell him you need him to come over so you remember why it is you are saying no (besides the fact that it will slowly kill you and destroy your lungs). This feeling right here is nothing compared to what you'd feel if you had just one more smoke. You'd be 100% addicted if you had one more at this exact moment. Just stay strong and wait it out. It will pass hun, don't let this drug start to control you,you still have control at this point but if you give in now you will lose all control. You can say no, maybe you wouldn't, but you CAN. That's more than you could say if you started again...

Good luck... ultimately it is of course your choice, but I just hope you make the right one... I know you can. <3

When You're At The End Of Your Rope...
Tie A Knot... and Hold On... <3
- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . -
I think I kinda, sorta, maybe... mighttt just love him after all...
- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . -
Settle precious, I know what you're going through,
Minutes before you got here, I was going to jump too...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Re: ?!?! - June 6th 2011, 06:58 PM

Thanks Kayla.. It kind passed but that was BAD.

I didn't think I would ever crave one but that was weird..

Thank you <3

Closed Thread