TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
inactiveprofile Offline
Average Joe

Name: .

Hey want a drink? - July 25th 2011, 08:13 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So I'm 16 and yes I have an underage drinker. I'd been sneeking drink for a few years now and its never really gotten to the point where I would say I drank way to much, but since it's been legal for me to drink I've been drinking more and more. Every week two new bottels of alcohol arive in our fridge. I am finding myself drink more and more and more of those to bottels infact sometimes I find myself going out to by a third or fith. Its to adictive. I cant aford a drinking problem. Can anyone help me ?
  Send a message via MSN to inactiveprofile  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Hey want a drink? - July 26th 2011, 07:36 PM

It's tough. I won't deny that. I'm an alcoholic by definition, even though I've been sober for a year and a half. You said you can't afford a drinking problem, which tells me that you really do want to quit drinking. Here's the deal though. If you're already starting to feel addicted to it, then you need to stop drinking. Period. You won't be able to have one drink and stop. It's all or nothing. Don't put yourself in situations where you're going to be more likely to drink. If you can, find someone that you can talk to about this to hold you accountable. I guess the key is that if you really want to stop, you will. But you can't do it halfway. You have to truly want to stop to be able to fight it. Good luck! PM/VM me if you need to talk.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Hey want a drink? - August 1st 2011, 11:17 PM

I would recommend get rid of the alcohol you have, don't buy any more, and join a support group as soon as you can, such as Alcoholics Anonymous, or something that can help you be able to get in touch with people who can help you. Alcoholism is something you shouldn't have to deal with alone. My uncle is an alcoholic, and AA has helped him be clean for over twenty years. PM me if you ever need help!
PS: I think this is the wrong forum for this, just remember next time you post a thread about this, post it in Substance Use just so things are more organized. But don't worry about it, it's not a big deal. ^__^

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
angelicpsyco Offline
!!!Blasian Pride!!!!!!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: neiko

Re: Hey want a drink? - August 2nd 2011, 03:09 PM

coming from a former addict the key to breaking any addiction is to find a replacement....realise that the substance is not the only way to be happy....so find a hobby or hang out with freinds more...find a distraction to keep you away from it or you can replace it with another good habit until the withdrals stop

If we ass humans spend more time trying to forgive than being angry the world would have no wars or conflict and there would be peace.....being angry does not change the problem...........
.................................................. ......................
When a blasian like me speaks you sit and listen!!!!...mmmp...mmpp...HI....lol
  Send a message via Yahoo to angelicpsyco  
Closed Thread