TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cereal And Milk Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

2 Important questions - October 25th 2011, 04:59 AM

* the first question is i bonk (hit) my head on my pillow when im trying to fall asleep while listening too my iPod.. i don't know if i need to see someone like a therapist or a psychiatrist. i don't know if its just a habit, but i don't want this habit anymore

* My Second question is i Rock my Body back and Forth when im sitting down playing my video game or watching TV, my mom caught me a few times doing this.. But i don't catch myself doing this, can anyone give me any suggestions on what to do? or who to see? cause i really don't want to be seen in public rocking my body back and forth. is there anything i can do about it?

thanks

Last edited by Cereal And Milk; October 25th 2011 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Spelling

(#2 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: 2 Important questions - October 26th 2011, 01:14 AM

First, throwing your head to your pillow may be weak muscles, tiredness or just muscle memory.

If your muscles are weak, I would recomend trying excersises. Lock both your hands, so your fingers and interlocked, put your hands behind your head, so you're cradling them, and pull forward while pushing your head back, this will create a fairly met force and will strenghten the mucles. A couple weeks of doing this for two minutes a day and you'll eliminate the possibility of weak muscles. If it's sheer exhaustion, I recomend sleeping more every night. If it's muscle memory, you're going to have to practice laying down normally a couple of times every day to re-write the memory so then you lay down normally as a habit. I don't mean to be rude either, but a therapist or psychiatrist wouldn't bother with something as minor as this. Unless you're displaying signs of OCD in everyday life, he won't care.

Secondly, this is again muscle memory, and nevrous habit. When my great uncle was a kid, he's watch wrestling on the floor. He'd drag his knees on the carpet, moving back and forth from the TV until he'd wear the knees out. In thick work jeans. He's need patches (which he'd wear through eventually.) and needed a pair of "Wrestling pants" he'd wear when watching it. He grew out if it eventually by sitting in a recliner. Everyone has habits when not paying attention. I had a friend who's blink three times as much as normal when playing video games. I was too busy on the screen to notice. Don't worry about it, I promise it won't pose a problem.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Cereal And Milk Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: 2 Important questions - October 26th 2011, 01:17 AM