TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Zero. Offline
Meeeeeeeeewrth!
Not a n00b

Is addicted to Cats O.o - February 13th 2012, 11:10 AM

Yeah. And i'm also addicted to this certain series called Warriors. THESE LIL FURRY CREATURES RAID MY MIND. Everytime i try to think about something else i relate it back to cats... So yeah. once we had a 'character analysis' asignment and the teacher came and told me to do a 'human' character and i was like SH!T I HAVENT READ ANY HUMAN STUFF FOR LYK, A YEAR. And i guess my cat obsession is kinda annoying people. PLEASE dont tell me to try getting another obsession because it takes me two years to get rid of an obsession and people will become bored of my new obsession and lalala history repeats itself.

(Holey cheezcake i mean, my profile picture's a cat...My laptop is covered in cats... I draw alotta cats...When we have to do creative writing i think CATZ LOL YEAH.) (Yus just fyi i'm not totes over with Death note either so lol. My BFF was like, WATCH ANOTHER ANIME LIKE FMA FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.) (I dont blame her, i was yakking about DN for precisely half an hour.)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Mercicle. Offline
theoceaninmyhead.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Chessmaid

Re: Is addicted to Cats O.o - February 13th 2012, 11:31 AM

Hey there.

I have to say, cats are awesome. I've actually been re-reading the Warriors series (I'm assuming we're talking about the same one here), and it's definitely good. However, there comes a point where an interest spills over into an obsession, and at that point you may have to start reconsidering things. If it's getting in the way of your life - your friendships, schoolwork, etc - then it might be worth thinking about (how shall I put this?) broadening your interests?

I realise that's easier said than done, but spending more time on other interests can help move you away from this obsession. If talking so much about cats is bothering your friends, maybe try to pay attention to this, and limit the amount of time you spend talking about them - not only out of respect for your friends, but as a way of trying to distance yourself from your obsession.

I'm not sure if any of this helped, but I hope at least some of it did.

if it's about surviving,
isn't a little
agony worth it?
(21.3.10.)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Zero. Offline
Meeeeeeeeewrth!
Not a n00b

Re: Is addicted to Cats O.o - February 13th 2012, 01:54 PM

Lol mwa shall consider this thanks.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Is addicted to Cats O.o - February 13th 2012, 02:12 PM

Only thing i can think of, is if its really effecting you life that much you should try talking to like the school councilor or something. See what they have to say about it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Danielle

Re: Is addicted to Cats O.o - February 13th 2012, 11:52 PM

I love warriors.....

Anyways, it might be a phase. I went through that for like 3 years.

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

Closed Thread