TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

addicted to a looks rating website :( - March 8th 2012, 04:56 PM

well they is this website online where users "marry" "snog" and "avoid" you .. i am really insecure about me looks and well they are some really pretty girls on it and well when i talk to them it kinda makes me feel better and when i get the odd complement which makes me soo happy because i normally get bullied about my looks etc ... But i believe that spending too much time on the website will hinder me getting a actual girlfriend in the real world .. I often get home at like 4PM and come offline at like 1AM from just being on the website and i spend most of the weekends on it aswell .. i go on it whenever i can even on my phone and stuff ... But i think that maybe if i wait long enough i could maybe meet a girl online since i am rubbish at meeting in person when starting convos etc ..

Is they any ways i can stop going on or limit myself ? .. it is soo much harder than it sounds to stop

tom

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
allisontedford Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: addicted to a looks rating website :( - March 10th 2012, 04:37 PM

Maybe you should practice talking to people in real life, I mean Its not like you're actually going to meet the people you meet online in real life. Try doing something else. Play basketball, idk do some sports. Also, remember, attractiveness is a state of mind. The first thing I notice about a guy is his personality If hes quiet, talkative, confident, kind, friendly. Just to let you know

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: addicted to a looks rating website :( - March 14th 2012, 09:08 PM

Bullies are just jealous of you. You will get a girlfriend one day in the real world. Their be girls at college you could meet. You will find love when you least expect it. Don't find it hard work to look for a girl you got to wait for it. You can beat this habit just think to yourself you don't need to go on that looks rating site.

Last edited by Cassie999; March 14th 2012 at 09:32 PM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: addicted to a looks rating website :( - March 14th 2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie999 View Post
Bullies are just jealous of you. You will get a girlfriend one day in the real world. Their be girls at college you could meet. You will find love when you least expect it. Don't find it hard work to look for a girl you got to wait for it. You can beat this habit just think to yourself you don't need to go on that looks rating site.
awww thanks i am going to delete my account later for that website x

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BRod94 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: addicted to a looks rating website :( - March 15th 2012, 01:28 AM

I'm glad. I think you should start hanging out with friends and get out, learn a new hobby. The less girls think you need them the more they will want you. Same with most guys too. Find some new hobbies to take up your time, thats what I had to do recently when my other hobbies became obsolete

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: addicted to a looks rating website :( - March 15th 2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRod94 View Post
I'm glad. I think you should start hanging out with friends and get out, learn a new hobby. The less girls think you need them the more they will want you. Same with most guys too. Find some new hobbies to take up your time, thats what I had to do recently when my other hobbies became obsolete
yh i am planning on going out with friends and stuff soon .. you never know i may even find a girl when i am about lol i am not going to try and think about looking i am sure she will come along when i least expect it

(#7 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: addicted to a looks rating website :( - March 16th 2012, 04:19 PM

To quote a comedian who's name escapes me:

"You'll desperately search for a relationship for years. You'll never find one. Eventually you'll accept being single, get a good career, and be genuinely happy with yourself. That's when love decides to **** all that up."

But really, you're only 16. Not even a quater of your life has gone by yet. I know it seems like everyone else is progressing ahead of you, but trust me, their all just as lost and trying to figure things out. Just like you.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: addicted to a looks rating website :( - March 16th 2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKmadu619 View Post
To quote a comedian who's name escapes me:

"You'll desperately search for a relationship for years. You'll never find one. Eventually you'll accept being single, get a good career, and be genuinely happy with yourself. That's when love decides to **** all that up."

But really, you're only 16. Not even a quater of your life has gone by yet. I know it seems like everyone else is progressing ahead of you, but trust me, their all just as lost and trying to figure things out. Just like you.

- Justin
ahh that quote is true in most peoples cases

and yes i suppose your right .. cheers justin

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Krispy Jordan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: addicted to a looks rating website :( - March 22nd 2012, 08:41 AM

Talking to people in real life is better.

Closed Thread