TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Videos This is a forum for all of your videos, whether they be those you have filmed yourself or those you have found on the Internet, you can share them here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

TADS - Touching Another Dude Softly - March 23rd 2010, 03:25 AM

Hi Everyone!!

I hope you're having a dandy day.

T.A.D.S.

Touching Another Dude Softly

An interesting YouTube video/experiment.

CLICK THIS TO WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO!

If you're a GUY - how do YOU feel about touching another guy?

To be honest - I couldn't watch the video all the way through - at first. It made me really uncomfortable. And not because I am against the idea of guys touching each other. In fact - that's something I've wanted all my life. To have the freedom TO touch - TO be physically intimate with another guy. I guess it just 'hit home' with me and made me realize what I was missing in my life.

I think a LOT of guys are starving for that sort of affection from another GUY. I know I am. And I think that IF guys were taught from birth that touching is GOOD - there would be less guys crossing the line and declaring themselves to be GAY. No kidding.

I've talked to a lot of guys in my life - about their sexual thoughts and feelings, etc. [Especially on the Internet] Some of these guys - who are married - asked me for help because they wanted to have SEX with a GUY - and didn't know how to deal with those thoughts and feelings. But after we talked for awhile - it becomes clear that it was NOT sex that they wanted. It was intimacy. Emotional AND physical. A lot of these guys just want to be HUGGED and LOVED by another guy. And if they got that - it would probably save their marriage. In fact - with one guy - I did help save his marriage. [By helping him to become more open about his needs with his best GUY friend]

GUYS NEED GUYS. Guys NEED to be emotionally and physically intimate with other GUYS.

Are you a TADS kind of guy?! Would you like to be? Do you wish your male friends were? [Or are they already?]

Warning: The video ends with a few seconds of a rather naughty song. Which is too bad. Just ignore that part!!

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Re: TADS - Touching Another Dude Softly - March 23rd 2010, 04:43 AM

This made me smile. Thanks for posting this Craig; I've thought and said similar things many times before. I'm proud to say that I am a TADS kind of dude. I do admit that I'm never as comfortable touching another man as I am a woman; no matter how silly I know it is, it's something I'm just not capable erasing completely. But I don't let it stop me.

Great big (soft) hug for you too!

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: TADS - Touching Another Dude Softly - March 23rd 2010, 04:57 AM

A lot of guys in senior class did that, but in a playful/joking manner. No one ever really gave it that much thought. I personally find it funny that they used to do that. I don’t really have much of an opinion on this because I’m a girl and I think girls are easier on the whole touching manner we don’t mind it as much as guys do, but yeah those are my two cents I don’t think it even makes sense.
But good post Craig.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: TADS - Touching Another Dude Softly - March 23rd 2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xujhan View Post
This made me smile. Thanks for posting this Craig; I've thought and said similar things many times before. I'm proud to say that I am a TADS kind of dude. I do admit that I'm never as comfortable touching another man as I am a woman; no matter how silly I know it is, it's something I'm just not capable erasing completely. But I don't let it stop me.

Great big (soft) hug for you too!
Hi Fletcher!!

Thanks for the 'soft' hug!! I love it!!

Sadly.... I've watched that video a few times now and I find it really hits a nerve within me. It makes me feel like crying. I am a very 'touchie/feelie' guy. I want - and NEED - permission to be in some guys space. And when I don't have that - it really upsets me. The last time I was touched AT ALL - in any way - was over a month and a half ago. And then before that - on Christmas day. And before that - sometime in August. It's so sad that I can count the number times I've been touched in the last YEAR on just one hand. It really makes me feel like an outcast - a reject - a 'misfit toy'.

I'm glad your a TADS kind of dude. It doesn't surprise me though. You just have a touchable quality about you.

Never let any of your feelings stop you. That one guy you touch may need that more than you know. Touching someone lets them know that YOU think they're OK!"

GREAT BIG 'soft' HUG to you!!
Craig!!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: TADS - Touching Another Dude Softly - March 23rd 2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico View Post
A lot of guys in senior class did that, but in a playful/joking manner. No one ever really gave it that much thought. I personally find it funny that they used to do that. I donít really have much of an opinion on this because Iím a girl and I think girls are easier on the whole touching manner we donít mind it as much as guys do, but yeah those are my two cents I donít think it even makes sense.
But good post Craig.
Hi Andrea!!

I hope you're having a super fine day!!

I appreciate your response.

In case you didn't know - those guys in your senior class were using the 'I was just joking around' excuse as a way to have their needs met. They are STILL touching each other - and being in each others 'space' - whether or not they are laughing. And good for them - if that's what it takes. It's no different than how some guys use being drunk as an 'excuse' to say what they REALLY want to say - and or be as touchie/feelie as they would REALLY like to be. I'm sure you have seen drunk guys before. They are often all over each and saying things like, "I love you, man!!" - or whatever. Humour and/or alcohol create a convenient 'out' in case something goes wrong. If someone SHAMES them for what they did and/or what they said - all they have to do is say - in defense - "I was just joking, man!" OR "I don't know WHAT I did or said last night. I was DRUNK!" The ONLY thing shameful about any of this is the fact that guys have been lead to believe that they even NEED an excuse.

When it comes to what you said about girls - I absolutely agree. Generally speaking - girls have never been shamed away from touching. And I envy that.

And just so - your message made perfect sense!!

A GREAT BIG HUG!!
Craig!!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Re: TADS - Touching Another Dude Softly - March 23rd 2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCraig View Post
Sadly.... I've watched that video a few times now and I find it really hits a nerve within me. It makes me feel like crying. I am a very 'touchie/feelie' guy. I want - and NEED - permission to be in some guys space. And when I don't have that - it really upsets me. The last time I was touched AT ALL - in any way - was over a month and a half ago. And then before that - on Christmas day. And before that - sometime in August. It's so sad that I can count the number times I've been touched in the last YEAR on just one hand. It really makes me feel like an outcast - a reject - a 'misfit toy'.
I know I've said this before Craig, but I'll happily say it again: if ever I'm in BC again, I'll look you up and give you all the hugs you can handle. I know exactly what those feelings of rejection and loneliness are like - to this day I'm still dealing with them - and I wouldn't wish them on anyone.

GBsH! Perhaps I should be coining this, eh?

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: TADS - Touching Another Dude Softly - March 27th 2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xujhan View Post
I know I've said this before Craig, but I'll happily say it again: if ever I'm in BC again, I'll look you up and give you all the hugs you can handle. I know exactly what those feelings of rejection and loneliness are like - to this day I'm still dealing with them - and I wouldn't wish them on anyone.

GBsH! Perhaps I should be coining this, eh?
Hi Fletcher!!

I hope you're having an A-OK day!!

That reply - above - meant a LOT to me. [And it still does] It makes me smile every time I think about it.

The amazing power of words. They can either knock you down or lift you up.

I think it would be wonderful if planet earth was visited by 'beings' from the Planet Fletcher!! lol We could use an invasion like that!!

[And NO! I'm not drunk!! lol It's just my imagination at work!!]

GREAT BIG [Any way you like it!] HUG
Craig!!

Closed Thread