TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Videos This is a forum for all of your videos, whether they be those you have filmed yourself or those you have found on the Internet, you can share them here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Proof that you CAN do anything if you believe in it! - May 10th 2010, 08:11 PM

Feel you're always being asked to do the impossible? Get some inspiration from these guys: they run on water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe3St...ayer_embedded#!

Really something to think about!!!
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Proof that you CAN do anything if you believe in it! - May 10th 2010, 09:21 PM

Theoreticaly possible... but im not convinced that it isn't faked lol. What if they have some sunked pier under the water or something to run on. Plus I dont actualy think they are running fast enough to do it. The principle ought to work similar to how you skim stones on water. But the stones don't push into the water as such with every impact... whereas actualy running on the water would. Every step on the water pushes into it. The drag would slow u down too much. If this really is true it ought be tested by somethin more reliable than you tube lol.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
eaty Offline
Lead Moderator

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Re: Proof that you CAN do anything if you believe in it! - May 11th 2010, 03:53 AM

That really is cool. I do strongly believe that anything is possible if you just try your hardest and believe in it, I have managed to get it to work for me in the past.

Also i feel this would be better in the video forum, so i am gonna go ahead and move it.

Lead Moderator, Chat Officer and Disputes Committee Member.
PM me Anytime if you need anything.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Megan09 Offline
Singer, lover, writer
Average Joe

Name: Megan

Re: Proof that you CAN do anything if you believe in it! - May 11th 2010, 04:08 AM

This is a great video. It really makes you think.. I guess anything really is possible if you try your hardest.

"If music be the food of love, play on." -Shakespeare
Remember: May is skin cancer awareness month. Be smart, here are some tips to protect yourself:
Feel free to PM me, I'm here to help
TH Social Networking Team
  Send a message via AIM to Megan09  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Proof that you CAN do anything if you believe in it! - May 11th 2010, 11:40 AM

Hi Basil!!

I hope you're having a dandy day.

Something to think about - indeed!

I really enjoyed that.

And is it possible?

In my opinion.....

ABSOLUTELY YES!!

For I believe that it is only MAN that limits MAN. The 'impossible' happens all the time.

It's ironic - in a way - as it was Jesus who 'walked on water' - that TO actually 'walk on water' takes an abundance of FAITH. This is interesting on so many different levels.

Thanks for taking the time to post your message.

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: Proof that you CAN do anything if you believe in it! - May 11th 2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDF View Post
Theoreticaly possible... but im not convinced that it isn't faked lol. What if they have some sunked pier under the water or something to run on. Plus I dont actualy think they are running fast enough to do it. The principle ought to work similar to how you skim stones on water. But the stones don't push into the water as such with every impact... whereas actualy running on the water would. Every step on the water pushes into it. The drag would slow u down too much. If this really is true it ought be tested by somethin more reliable than you tube lol.
I thought of this and I don't think it's faked. Firstly he falls into the water at different points - if there was something underneath the water he would fall into the water at the same location each time. Also the way the skimming stones skip is that they drop into the water just enough to create a current that builds up a wall of water behind the stone, thus creating a forward thrust on it. They did in fact make giant skipping stones to prove this. So it is technically possible to skip a human foot - however because the human has a larger mass than the stone, he would require more of a forward thrust. That could be provided by physically moving the foot backwards, hence the running motion.

Btw, I has completely amused by the seriousness of the two guys
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: Proof that you CAN do anything if you believe in it! - May 11th 2010, 07:19 PM

Wow O____O That's amazing.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Anomaly Offline
Penguins love you
I can't get enough

Re: Proof that you CAN do anything if you believe in it! - May 13th 2010, 12:14 PM

I want to do that!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Proof that you CAN do anything if you believe in it! - May 13th 2010, 09:58 PM

I don't doubt that it's possible... im just not really sure they were running fast enough to do it. U know, anything's possible. Pigs can fly if you rocket propell them lmao.

Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Proof that you CAN do anything if you believe in it! - May 14th 2010, 12:34 AM

It is fake, it's an advert for the shoe company.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#11 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Proof that you CAN do anything if you believe in it! - May 14th 2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle. View Post
It is fake, it's an advert for the shoe company.
Lol... that made me laugh. I didn't even pay attention to the shoes.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Elliee Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ellie

Re: Proof that you CAN do anything if you believe in it! - May 17th 2010, 12:19 PM

It's still pretty impressive in my opinion. Whoever thought of it is a genius!

Closed Thread