TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Own Your Dreams - June 16th 2012, 02:16 AM

Our happiness in many ways ties directly to our "inner voice" that forever asks the question..."Are you moving toward your dream?" If your answer is "yes," then hope breeds contentment. However, if the answer is "no, it's too late," despair may fester within your subconscious. You might not even realize why your life lacks joy.

If you are unsure of what your dream might be—either because you are afraid to dream or because you somehow lost your dream along the way—then start preparing yourself to receive your dream by doing five things to put yourself in the best possible position to receive a dream.
Once you do these five things, focus on discovering your dream. As you do, keep this in mind: 'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

Mental Preparation: Read and study in areas of your greatest interest.

Experiential Preparation: Engage in activities in areas related to your interests.

Visual Preparation: Put up pictures of people and things that inspire you.

Hero Preparation: Read about and try to meet people you admire and who inspire you.

Physical preparation: Get your body in optimal shape to pursue your dream.

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Own Your Dreams - June 16th 2012, 04:16 AM

I really like this. I find it interesting. I am currently on may way to trying to get more involved in volunteer work that focuses more on fields of study that I am interested in so I suppose I can relate this to myself.

Also, whenever I am thinking about getting involved in something I naturallay have to do a whole heck of a lot of research. Sometimes the reseach can be daunting and other times it can be inspiring. I find that sometimes when I am really low I can do research on a particular subject and it can boost my mood immensely.

I think that taking a little bit of time to explore the things that motivate us, drive us or that we dream about is a good thing. The more knowledge we have the better.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: Own Your Dreams - June 17th 2012, 02:33 AM

Oh my gosh! I couldn't agree with you more There are so many possibilities out there, oppertunities, etc. I think everyone should give it a shot, i mean what's there to lose?

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#4 (permalink)) Old
j03lrod Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Own Your Dreams - June 23rd 2012, 07:12 AM

Awesome advice Kelly! Having the guts to dream big and then preparing yourself in as many ways as possible to make progress is key to realizing any goal worth accomplishing. You only live once and I don't believe we were created to live ordinary lives. Stay focused and you'll be going far.

And ~CourageousSurvivor~, I know exactly what you mean about the whole research thing. Just by learning what steps I need to take, the path to reach my goal gets so much clearer. But sometimes I have to be careful, because it's easy for someone to fall into the trap of doing a lot of research, feeling better about things, and then never taking any real action. Knowledge is power, but only when it's couple with great action!

Closed Thread