TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Amorphous. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Hamed Khatiz

Nothing is ever impossible.... Right? - July 4th 2012, 11:43 AM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EE! If this is the wrong forum, fele free to move it . Where do you draw the line between hard and impossible?

When you want to really achieve something, have determination. No matter what people tell you, no matter how much people remind you how hard it is, do not be phased.

But is determination enough?

ďAt times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place,
But believe that there is much more good in it than bad.
All you have to do is look hard enough,
And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.Ē

~My Childhood Friend.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Nothing is ever impossible.... Right? - July 4th 2012, 05:26 PM

Yeah thats determination. But often I see people think something is possible, when it really isn't. Sure you can have as much determination as you'd like, but if its not possible, then why waste your energy? I always tell people to think about reality, not fantasy.

Example:
You want to jump from one roof to another (the roofs are the same height, and are 200 feet apart).
Determination & fantasy: I can do this no matter what anyone says.
Reality: You won't make it...

Sometimes we fool ourselves so much, and we break our own hearts in the end. So while determination is a very important factor, reality and planning (in any matter) is even a more important factor (IE: can we actually accomplish this?)

I think this is what you kind of talking/asking about; if not, let me know!

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Nothing is ever impossible.... Right? - July 17th 2012, 09:27 AM

I think determination is very VERY good, especially when trying to achieve a really hard task. However, sometimes you may need other things such as luck and help to help you on your way... That's what I think anyway.

As for your title, I've heard that saying a lot, and it's very inspiring but the truth is somethings ARE impossible. While it's good to say this to people who have hard goals, I believe it's also good to tell people to aim for something reachable if they have impossible goals so they don't waste their time. Basically what Chris said.

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar

(#4 (permalink)) Old
EmNZ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Em

Re: Nothing is ever impossible.... Right? - July 17th 2012, 10:00 AM

Hey Hamed,

Chris summed that up pretty fabulously. I believe determination has got me very far - so I think itís really really important and know it can make what seemed impossible - possible.
It really depends what itís about, hey?

However impossible is certainly things heading towards distorted reality, stapling water to a tree kind of thing - or leaping hundreds of metres.

But maybe if somethingís impossible now it might not be soon - so maybe we should never ever ever draw the line. Just in case! Thereís always more possibilities than you can imagine, right?!

(= x

You can usually find me on my tumblr, Iím here for you (=

Closed Thread