TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Siren❤ Offline
Average Joe

Name: ILH♡

☆ r e a c h i n g h i g h - my long term goals ☆ - October 24th 2012, 04:55 PM

Just using this post to display long terms goals of mine. I'm Izzy by the way. I'm 20, female, and live in the UK. I'm bisexual. My history includes a lot of mental health issues (depression, anxiety, an ED) amongst other things. My problems started at 11, and have been nearly constantly consistent since.

I went to a boarding school for those with Asperger Syndrome (another diagnosis of mine) since 16, and left when I was 19. There I met great people, who all now live far away now I'm back home. I also met my boyfriend there - he too as Aspergers. He is a few months younger than me (I am nearly 21, he is just 20!) He is great and we have been together nearly 2 and half years.
Anyways, here's my list!!

1) Get better.
I've struggled at various points in my teens with Mental Health diagnoses. They're not always completely consistent, but they effect me often. So, my ultimate long term goal is to get as rid of them as I can, and feel human. I'm very unhappy at the moment and not quite at the stage where I can find motivation to get better, but I will hopefully be soon. I hope to be one day well enough to do normal things in an easier way.

2) Marry my boyfriend & a year or two later start a family
A year and a bit ago, I was pregnant with my boyfriend's child. Sadly July 2011 I lost the baby, who I somehow felt was a girl, though that was never confirmed. The two of us have decided we still do want to have children (a maximum of two), but right now we aren't even living together of engaged, so we're waiting to get ready to make those steps first. We also want a year or two at least married with just the two of us. Like many say, plenty of time to worry. I would like to be a lot better by the time we get round to Trying to conceive, as I know stress and related problems can impact conception and the pregnancy (if one does occur). I also know that when this possible baby is born I want to be well and healthy for them - and be able to bring them up the best I can, at the best health I can be. This is a way off, but I hope one day I can accomplish the start of my future family. <3

3) Start a career
This isn't in much of an order, by the way! I would probably focus on this one here after feeling a bit better, the closest I can be to completing #1. I would like to work as a blogger, actually, and maybe that could lead to some sort of journalism. I'd enjoy that! This could also count as a hobby, but hey. I think it would be fun and a good way to express myself and create some kind of 'empire' of my own. If this fails, I'll probably get a job in a fashion high-street shop hopefully. I would enjoy that too because it means I could get insight into some of my favourite fashion brands.

4) Get more tattoos
So far I have three small tattoos, a light pink bow on my hip,a heart locket outline on my wrist, and on the other wrist a dark pink bow (thinner ribboned than the first bow). The heart locket was a matching idea; my boyfriend has the key on his wrist. Anyways, I have many ideas for tattoos, hopefully bigger ones. The reason this isn't really a short-term goal is that tattoos are a lot of money where I live, and I want to be 100% sure on every idea I decide to get done. I want a few bigger pieces, so they will take more planning and saving for. As for smaller ones, I want them in odd places so I need to make sure the parlour can even do them! Haha. I also want to do this when I am more stable so I know it's definitely something I would want on my body for life, rather than on a whim. I want my tattoos to all be done by the time I'm 28-30.

I'll add more as I think of them. Thanks for reading!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: ☆ r e a c h i n g h i g h - my long term goals ☆ - October 27th 2012, 07:36 PM

Hey there,

These sound like some great goals! And I hope that everything works out with them and you're able to achieve them. I'm sure if you keep a positive attitude you'll be able to get through all of these things Good luck!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

Closed Thread