TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Finding Ways To Be Organized - June 27th 2015, 12:40 PM

I've been struggling to come up with a better system for myself. I guess it's more of being more organized in the sense of I am doing everything that day, like goals.

I remember appointments, appointments that are booked a week in advance or two weeks in advance without needing to write them down. Since I am good at that I have many other problems.

I need to make a chore list for myself, like weekly, daily, monthly, bi-weekly and I seem to be having trouble doing this. I would go out and buy a wall calendar that's a whiteboard but I am on a very strict budget. I do have this desk that has a small whiteboard on it which I am thinking of using before I leave my apartment.
Like, put, "Let Bentley out, went pee and brushed my teeth (you can imagine I do forget to use the washroom cause I am all over the place), and feed Bentley, drink a glass of water and make your lunch (or something).

I'll be working 6 days a week. Mondays I will be getting up around 7am (for my Government funded placement job). Tuesday-Saturday I will be getting up at 5:30am (for a residential, industrial, and commerical cleaning job). Mondays I wont be getting back till about 4:30. Tuesday-Saturday I would be getting back between 6-8pm. *I'm going to end up working 46-55 hours a week*

I know that might be confusing but I am struggling to come up with a schedule and to follow it, making sure I have everything. I am going to use the check list on my whiteboard every day.

In terms of counseling I am also struggling with keeping to something, like journaling or just keep track of things. I am suppose to keep track of what I am eating as well to figure out what is bothering my stomach. I am terrible at doing those types of things, I am too busy or too stressed that I forget that I need to do that.

My life is so unorganized and people think I am so organized because I am focused and know what I need to do... reality I even struggle with that. I am good at remembering dates and times for appointments better than anything else.

Not sure if there is something online that I can print out or download, maybe an app of some sort?

Thank you

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

Last edited by arepo; July 8th 2015 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Moving to Goals and Ambitions. :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: Finding Ways To Be Organized - June 27th 2015, 04:08 PM

Not sure if this was exactly what you were looking for, but this website offers a variety of printable weekly planners (Sorry, I don't know much about apps):

http://www.free-printables.net/free-...y-planners.htm

It sounds as if things are going to be quite hectic for you over the next while, but I am sure you have it inside you to do whatever you feel is necessary. Best wishes with everything.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Finding Ways To Be Organized - June 29th 2015, 04:54 AM

For me, I put all my appointments or things that I need to go to in my calendar on my phone and a reminder will come up.
I used to write down everything in a diary but found using my phone was easier for me and cheaper.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Finding Ways To Be Organized - June 29th 2015, 06:15 PM

Hey there,

I feel your pain! I am the most disorganised person ever. I know you're on a strict budget, so maybe you could get some cheap post-its or a note book to write all your reminders down on. You could leave notes around the house for yourself, or just carry the note book around with you an write down a new task whenever you think about it. You can just put the date and make a note of everything including what you're eating each day on a separate page and jot down everything important. Maybe you could type up everything every few days on the computer so you have a copy of it in case you misplace your book.

Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: Finding Ways To Be Organized - July 3rd 2015, 11:02 AM

Typically I put appointments in my phone's calendar. I sometimes use the notes section for when I grocery shop (or to get the better deal and points)

Currently, I am using my white board to keep track of the TV shows I am watching, the channels. I got TV and I am lost in channels, so it helps.

I created this book (I haven't done a lot in it because I've been really busy) where it has my goals, journal, meals, and budget/budget goals in it. However, finding issues with it, but it will all work out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4Y View Post
Not sure if this was exactly what you were looking for, but this website offers a variety of printable weekly planners (Sorry, I don't know much about apps):

http://www.free-printables.net/free-...y-planners.htm
I will use these templates Thank you, it will help me a lot. I might go to the dollarstore and see if they have any white boards or something. Find something cheap with value that I can use.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: Finding Ways To Be Organized - July 3rd 2015, 01:59 PM

I am in a similar situation. I've used an excel spreadsheet to organize my time. Think of time as blocks of space. If you're a visual thinker this will work wonders. I also divide my time in clusters such as structured and unstructured. Then for structured I break it down to classes, work (when I was employed) , appointments etc. So let's say for classes that's a structured cluster because it is a fixed time that is regular every week. Appointments are structured especially if it is weekly. But you can also assign time in your day for when you're available for appointments or if you don't have any for a few weeks you can share that time between appointments and something else you do regularly.
Basically think about what you need to do regularly throughout the week and that would be the skeleton and everything else will find its way around the allotted structured time

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Finding Ways To Be Organized - July 5th 2015, 08:06 PM

In terms of apps you could use, there are loads! I'm also a pretty disorganised person, but I use a bunch of stuff to stay on top of life.

HabitRPG is a website and an app. You put in habits, dailies and to dos, and earn in game gold when you tick them off, which you then spend on rewards. The rewards are either in game stuff (armor for your character etc) or your own personalised rewards (for example on of mine is that if I earn 2000 gold I can play a new PC game).

Google calendars are good to keep track of appointments and deadlines etc. You can colour code them as well.

For therapy, there are journalling apps although I don't use any at the moment. I do use a mood app to track my mood on a daily basis.

There are also to do list apps as well. I've used a couple in the past.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

Closed Thread