TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Talking Getting healthy! - August 2nd 2015, 05:33 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I put a trigger warning here because I'm going to talk about dieting. I know that sometimes this subject can be triggering, so please read with caution. (My weight will be exposed so please please, if this triggers you, do not read!)

Just as the title implies, I want to get healthy (and stay healthy) !!

When I was 17 years old I weighed Edited. When I found out I was pregnant, I was still pretty active. I swam, rode horses, I worked on a farm, I would hike, bike ride, hunt. The further along I got during my pregnancy the more uncomfortable I had became. My body wasn't used to the weight gain, and it started the habit of me becoming lazy. I would eat more (cravings and eating for two and all that) and I would lay around resting rather than going walking, or going to the park.

At the end of my pregnancy I weighed Edited pounds. I gained Edited pounds! I have lost a few, but it's taken a while. (My daughter is two.) I'm still overweight, and it's not a surprise to anyone who has seen my pictures. I want to get healthy again! I want to lose the weight!

I would LOVE to feel better about my size, and I would love to be able to be more active and get tired less. I know I have a hard road a head of me, and I know that if I don't stick with it, I'm not going to make progress. I've asked Jordan to join me in these efforts to become healthier. So far, we have quit smoking, and we've cut down on our soda. We don't drink soda in the home anymore, we only drink milk, and water. (We have juice for Ava.)

We are slowly trying to make positive changes. My reason for posting this is to reach out to others who are making similar changes. Any advice, even just a few tips, would be great! Thanks!

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Last edited by ......nobody; August 2nd 2015 at 05:42 PM. Reason: No weight numbers please, even if it's labeled as triggering. :)
  Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Brittany

Re: Getting healthy! - August 2nd 2015, 07:37 PM

I'm in the process of eating healthier and getting more exercise as well. I haven't been doing all that well, as my changes are very small until I can handle it (I don't do change very well). I've been drinking a lot more water, and cutting down on soda a lot. Ice cream is my weakness, but I'm trying to lose that habit as well. It takes a lot of work and dedication, but it's worth it. I can't share my results here, but I can say that it's making me feel 10x better about myself every time I make a better food or life choice.

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Getting healthy! - August 2nd 2015, 08:39 PM

It's so good that you are making progress in getting healthy! I need to do the same. It is hard, but with determination and motivation, you can definitely do it

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread