TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Thumbs up It's gonna be rough. - September 6th 2015, 11:44 PM

Lately, my physical and mental health have not been in the best condition. I know that I could have done a better job of taking care of myself, sadly I let my depression and anxiety get in the way of that, but not anymore! I'm ready to kick my butt in to gear and makes some definite changes around here.

I'm setting personal goal to get back in shape, and to starting taking better care of myself physically AND mentally. I know I'm going to have a rough time doing this on my own, so I've recruited some help. Jordan! Jordan also wants to get back in to shape, and he wants me to feel better mentally. We are making a plan, and we also want to make this fun! So, we've decided to do things we enjoy, rather than going to a gym where my anxiety would skyrocket. We are going to go hiking in the national park, We will also be playing more tennis and soccer. I'm really excited for this.

I'm also working closely with my PCP and my Therapists to work on getting my mental health in a better state. I plan on going to therapy once a week rather than what I was doing before. I've also become more inclined to try some medications to help with the depression and anxiety. Before I was against it with all the medications I was already on, but I realize that if I start taking care of myself, I won't have to take some of these medications anymore.

Either way, I'm ready to do this! I know that it's going to take a while and I have to remind myself to take it one day at a time. With the support from Jordan, there is no doubt that I'll be able to do this!

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: It's gonna be rough. - September 7th 2015, 07:18 AM

Hey, Ade!

Sorry you've had a hard time with your physical and mental health lately. Many can probably relate to you in depression getting in the way of taking care of yourself. However, this is great! I'm so, so glad you're making efforts to take better care of yourself. With the depression and anxiety you deal with, that couldn't have been an easy step to take. I hope your goals improve your life in a positive way. Sounds like it will help you stick with your goals to have Jordan's support along with the fact that he's going for the same goals with you. Having his support will most likely help a lot and I'm glad for that.

I wish you the best of luck with your goals and of course, you can reach out here if you need advice/support throughout your journey.

Last edited by DeletedAccount11; September 7th 2015 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Typo.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: It's gonna be rough. - September 7th 2015, 08:59 AM

It's so good to hear that you have a plan in place to improve your physical and mental health- that will really help to overcome anxiety and depression, I'm sure! It's also really good that you have support too. On a side note, I would really love to go hiking, so let us know how you get on with that! Wishing you all the best

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I can't get enough

Name: Kav

Re: It's gonna be rough. - September 7th 2015, 01:12 PM

I am sorry you have had a hard time with your mental and physical health. But I am so glad that you are taking this step to improve it. Hiking sounds like a lot of fun. And I think having Jordan's help will help you execute your plans better. I am so glad and I hope things improve soon. Good luck!

"Being happy isn't about having everything in your life perfect. Maybe it is about stringing together all the little things."

Community Mentor | HelpLINK Access | LiveHelp Access | Forum Moderator

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: It's gonna be rough. - September 7th 2015, 06:33 PM

I'm sorry to hear you are having a difficult time with your mental and physical health. It's great that you want to change it and improve both these things, and you will definitely need all the support you can get! Best of luck, you can do this!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Re: It's gonna be rough. - September 8th 2015, 01:57 AM

Thanks everyone!

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
Closed Thread