TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Question Fundraising ideas? - September 28th 2015, 05:52 AM

Heya, so I didn't know where to put this since it's about fundraising but anyway...

This year the teachers are hoping to take the english literature students (there are fifty of us) to the United States, preferably to New York, for a couple of weeks. Of course, it's going to be really expensive, plus there are twice as many students as the previous years. So we thought we would do some fundraising in order to earn a little more money to add to the school's budget. So far these are our ideas:

- sell raffle tickets
- do a two-hours show where all the students get into small groups of two to five and do an act, whether it be a song or a dance or a small play
- That's all... :/

Unfortunately, that probably won't be enough, so it would be great if you could tell me your suggestions in the comments! We've thought of other stuff like selling cookies but it would take too long to organize and we don't think it would bring us much money, so we need something which is relatively simple and cheap to put into place which could attract a large audience.

We have quite a few musicians and singers, a few of us are into photography and drawing, and I'm sure some of us are into baking... so yeah, that's what we've got. If you have any suggestions, please tell me in the comments! Thanks, and have a greqt day

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: Fundraising ideas? - September 28th 2015, 01:36 PM

Hello Skye,

An idea you can do is a silent auction. You can have other teachers donate items, you can call local businesses to add in a gift card (teachers know a lot of different people) you can ask dental offices, lawyers, doctors, etc., for gift cards to raffle off. So, you have the items on the table, with a paper on that paper you start the bid at $10 dollars or something, then the person needs to write on the paper a bidding price along with their name, phone number, and etc., then after the certain amount of time period has gone by you can give the person their winning prize for the highest bid on that item.

You can hold this at your school, or contact local restaurants, they can also make a profit off the alcohol sales, and the school doesn't need to pay for the cost of the food where there is a door fee to get in you can ask about buffet costs.

During that you can also sell raffle tickets and have nice items to be raffled off. You can do 5 raffle tickets for $5 or something.

You can send flyers home with students to show their parents, you can include you are looking for local businesses to donate something, so your class can go to New York but ensure you explain why.

Idea's you could put in your auction:
  • Student's drawings/painting/crafts
  • Business gift cards
  • A fully covered Will (a lawyer had donated this to an auction I volunteered at)
  • Jewellery
  • Jerseys (sports or other)
  • Gift baskets
  • Fruit baskets
  • Books
  • etc.
You can add anything really to an auction.

The paper for the bidding you can start at whatever place you want to start the bid. So someone would need to bid higher than that price, and so fourth. You can get bids on items that can go very high. At the end of the amount of time for the bids, you collect the sheets and announce the bidding winners.

For items you can also put what it is worth so others know if they are bidding on a good item. The lawyer who donated the Will the cost was about $1,500 and the bidding winner got it for like $300 or something. Another item was these two guitars a professor got from a band, signed and that.

As for the raffles you can have any type of items.

Have fun with it. If you have any questions let me know.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Fundraising ideas? - September 28th 2015, 06:40 PM

Hey,

You could do an art show. Students who are arty could create pieces to auction off. You could sell tickets. Those who are into baking could make cakes and biscuits as refreshments. The musical students could play when people are entering. There could be something for everyone and it wouldn't cost too much to put on.

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Re: Fundraising ideas? - October 5th 2015, 02:53 PM

Hey Skye,

You have a lot of great suggestions here!
I would go with the auction idea or a bake sale of some sort.
If you live in a large area than you could get a lot of people most likely by advertising at businesses locally.
You could even have local businesses sell some of your raffel tickets (with jars for people to put their money in and to be collected at the end of each day/week (whichever is most convenient tot he group)).
I hope this helps and that all goes well!

I am going to move this to Goals and Ambitions because this is a group goal in my opinion and it would fit better there.
If you (or anyone else) has questions about this, please PM me and I will respond promptly.
Take care and keep us posted!!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
elvishqueen Offline
Hello...
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: M

Re: Fundraising ideas? - October 5th 2015, 07:33 PM

I've got to raise some money for a rip to Costa Rica actually.
I'm planning to babysit a lot ( I now it's not really "fundraising" as such, but you get money pretty quickly for just sitting around) and definitely a gazillion bake sales.
I don't really have time for a part time job at the moment, so that's off for me, but I thought I maybe could organize an event like an art show or something. But I was actually thinking more of a poetry slam?
But all the ideas are pretty good, I might steal some!

"She wasn’t going to throw it all away for the sake of reaching for the stars.
For her, the ground was where things grew. She intended to stick down there and sow her seeds."

I'm sorry, yet I don't think anyone but me will understand how sorry I really am.

Closed Thread