TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

What are your mental health and you goals? - April 4th 2018, 08:43 PM

We have goals to achieve something in our life, like something you would like to try or achieve. This goal setting is about "mental health and you".

I have a few questions.

Do you have any mental health goals for yourself?

Do you have a plan for your mental health?

Are you currently in a support group or counseling? Did you set a goal for yourself to work on?

My mental health goals are:
I have signed myself up for anger management which starts in the summer. My goal is to understand my anger and to better express myself. Currently, I am verbal when I am angry and I want to change that.

I also have signed up for other groups like different ways to journal and a three month group which is a self-management and recovery system (focus on hope, personal responsibility, self-advocacy, support and education).

I am currently in counseling and I have set goals on expressing how I feel to others, my anger, and personal relationships. By achieving those goals I need to try to express how I am feeling.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: What are your mental health and you goals? - April 5th 2018, 02:40 AM

I'm not in counseling anymore or on medication so my goal would be to eventually get back on medication tbh. I was able to manage a lot better on it.

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: What are your mental health and you goals? - April 5th 2018, 02:51 AM

I think my biggest goals are to get to a place where I can process certain abusive situations I have been through. I also want to get to a place where I don't randomly quit complying with taking medication as I have bipolar and I will need to be on something for life.

Plans are to take my medication again (which I am). I also want to get back into therapy. My biggest plan is to try and start working and figure out tools to deal with stress that comes along with work. I want to have a career but my mental health has impacted my ability to do so for quite some time.

I see a psychiatrist but no counselor. I want to get a counselor but struggling to find one that is good and I connect with. Goal is to ask my psychiatrist about a good trauma therapist and try and start up in May or June.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
NovoK9 Offline
Staff On Leave

Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ebony

Re: What are your mental health and you goals? - April 5th 2018, 05:33 AM

To become stable on my medicines and to learn to take care of myself so one day I can be well enough to do things on my own. Right now I'm in a place where I'm up and down and my downs are more frequent. I would like that to change. Plus I don't know how to care for myself very well. So these are my goals

Fading away, turning to dust.
With nowhere to go, and no one to trust.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: What are your mental health and you goals? - April 5th 2018, 05:49 AM

I'm in counseling, but between my therapist having surgery and my insurance lapsing, I haven't seen her in forever. Will make an appointment as soon as insurance is reinstated.

I started seeing her to deal with some specific and traumatic things, I feel like that's definitely better, but that I also should've started therapy decades ago, so I'm also using it to deal with other things that I never have. I also started medication which was a night and day difference. As much as I'm not thrilled about being on it forever, I feel so much better that I'm almost afraid to come off of it.

I'm basically rebuilding my entire life, I definitely need more people and wouldn't mind a new hobby that involved some level of social interaction. I just have no idea what it should be.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: What are your mental health and you goals? - April 6th 2018, 05:44 PM

I'm not sure what my mental health goals are. I guess make more effort for self care, but also to be understanding if things get too difficult for me. But I also need to try new things too

My plan is to recognise triggers and deal with them a bit better as well as improve relations with others.

I'm not in a support group but I am having counselling

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread