TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ZaraWrites Offline
#6Years #LHOperator #Skittles

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Zara

Don't know what to do - May 3rd 2018, 08:04 PM

Recently I've realised that my life is going nowhere. I'm stuck in a job that I hate and that I'm struggling to do, due to health reasons. I haven't got many qualifications, and I feel like I'm at a dead end. I'm not sure what I want to get out of life... I write, but that's not going anywhere. My sister is training to be a paramedic, and she is doing really well. I'm jealous, because she's going to be successful, and I'm not. I've been searching up criminology stuff, as I like crime, but I feel like I couldn't do the courses; they seem too hard. I'm not sure what I want to do, and I will struggle to afford anything. I'm feeling really down about it, and I feel like everyone is having a great life. My boyfriend is starting his grade 6 in guitar, got a new job, and got asked to be a groomsman just in this year... where am I? Same crappy job... Nothing leading me to my future. I feel stupid, and I can't do anything to get me a good job in the future that I will enjoy

Books Published:
~ Dreams Really Do Come True
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones
~ Two Worlds Collide
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones: Here We Go Again

Therapy, you were never a friend to me ~ Therapy ♥ AllTimeLow

SKITTLIFY!!!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Don't know what to do - May 3rd 2018, 10:23 PM

Hey,

I know exactly how you feel. I think the issue is when we're growing up we're expected to find a passion and a calling but a lot of the time there isn't a specific place beckoning you towards it which makes finding something you're happy in difficult. It doesn't mean you'll never find something that makes you happy, it just means it might take a while to get there, and it might not be the job you're in right now.

Don't be put off of criminology because it looks hard. I studied it as a minor alongside psychology for my degree. My sister is now looking to study it too. It might be difficult, but there is support there to help you with that. With courses such as criminology, they have so many potential avenues you can take with it. You might end up doing a bit of work experience, or talking to a lecturer about something you'd never thought of doing before and feel like taking a chance with it. And if you find it isn't for you, you'll have developed other skills to help you from then on. Don't put it off because it's hard to do, there's nothing to stop you giving it a go anyway if you want to!

Also, don't stop writing just because it's a hobby. Writing is such an amazing way to be yourself and create things. It might not be your career one day, but as a hobby, it's a great thing to do. Don't give up on the small things because they aren't the main goal in life.

You're still young. I know plenty of people in the same situation. Nobody really knows where they want to be or where they will be in a few years time. I know loads of people who, a while ago, wanted to do something entirely different to what they're doing now. Things change! Even people who seem to have it together might change their mind later on, and there's nothing wrong with that. Don't compare yourself to others. Everyone does things at their own pace, so try not to let it bother you. Reassure yourself that it's ok to not know exactly where you want your life to go just yet.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ZaraWrites Offline
#6Years #LHOperator #Skittles

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Zara

Re: Don't know what to do - May 3rd 2018, 10:30 PM

That's fine, but equally it's money. And some of the courses need certificates of my exam results. I don't have them, and my school gets rid of them after five years. No idea why, but they do. I just find that criminology is going to be hard. I find it hard to understand things

Books Published:
~ Dreams Really Do Come True
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones
~ Two Worlds Collide
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones: Here We Go Again

Therapy, you were never a friend to me ~ Therapy ♥ AllTimeLow

SKITTLIFY!!!!!

Closed Thread