Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar
   Halloween Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Halcyon Offline
Project Coordinator

I can't get enough

Name: Haley

Vision Board - June 3rd 2019, 06:38 PM

Have you ever created a vision board to help bring your dreams to life? If so, do you have any tips on creating one and what worked for you?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Vision Board - June 4th 2019, 04:35 PM

I've created a vision board years ago. I remember we used magazines and some scrapbooking material to create it.

I don't have tips for creating one as I only did it once and it was years ago. However, I remember really enjoying the time I spent doing it. It was a great distraction!

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Vision Board - June 4th 2019, 06:01 PM

I created one a long time ago and though my dreams and goals have changed since then, it did help keep me motivated to revise for my exams!

I thought about the life I wanted- the career, the type of house and car, and what I wanted to spend my free time doing, and then printed out pictures and made a collage on some card. I then put it near my bed so it was pretty much the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I saw it night. It reminded me of why I was trying so hard in school.

As said above, it was fun to do and I do actually want to create a new one now to be more inline with my life

HelpLINK/Live Help Officer | Click here to volunteer

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount57

Edit avatar

Re: Vision Board - June 13th 2019, 05:36 PM

I created one back in 2011 under the guidance of a life coach who also happened to be my driving instructor. (Interesting combination, I know!) I really enjoyed it at the time and got a lot out of it.

I thought about what I wanted to do long-term as a career, and also considered my more short-term, personal goals. I was really quiet at the time (and still kind of am, honestly), so I had some images relating to speaking up. (I think there was literally a speech bubble that said "Speak Up!") I remember I also had a cute picture of kittens hugging each other to represent closeness with others. And of course, I had some pictures of France and the Eiffel Tower, as I really enjoyed studying French and hadn't been to France yet at that point in my life!

I also thought about some of my most recent accomplishments: I had just been chosen by my high school to participate in a rather selective internship, so I made a copy of the acceptance letter that I'd received and glued that on there. It was just stuff like that. Basically, I saw it as a celebration of what I had accomplished and where I was going in life.

I hope this makes sense and helps some!

Best,
Kylie

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Borrows Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Vision Board - June 27th 2019, 03:06 AM

Yes, I have one on my wall, that really helps! Now the main place on this board is dedicated to One Pearl Bank Floor Plan because my main dream now is to purchase some part in the condominium somewhere in Singapore and live there for a long time of the year and work remotely! I love Singapore very much!

Last edited by Borrows; June 27th 2019 at 08:29 PM.