TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Tasha

Points: 10,326, Level: 14 Points: 10,326, Level: 14 Points: 10,326, Level: 14

Smile please read my goal in life and maybe help me out with advice? - June 28th 2009, 11:28 AM

3 years ago i was going to audition for a musical in my first secondary school! i sang a bit of a song for my friends and they laughed... so instead of auditioning i went home and cried.. i then only ever sang at home where no one could hear me.. one day driving in the car my mams asshole of a fiancee(who i hate btw) started going on bout how shit i am at singing.. needless to say i stopped singing completely.. then i moved school and my best friend wanted me to hear her sing for auditions for a xmas concert.. she asked me to just sing back up no matter how bad i was.. i did an she gasped... i cringed with embarrassment.. she screamed and hugged me so tight nearly crying as i told her i cant sing and bout ppl laughing at me.. she made me audition with her.. i didnt get it.. instead they gave me a solo with two girls as side girls or somethin! we were the favourite act for the three nights! it was amazing! ever since iv been singing! im recording a cd at my friends studio.. i dont kno whats going to happed but id do anything to become a singer! its my ultimate dream! my goal in life! i cant see myself with a normal life...kids..9-5 job.. its just not me! i dont reli kno what to do bout it if anyone has tips please help! sorry it so long hehe...
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Points: 26,125, Level: 23 Points: 26,125, Level: 23 Points: 26,125, Level: 23

Re: please read my goal in life and maybe help me out with advice? - June 29th 2009, 02:00 PM

Hey there,

You should record yourself singing on YouTube just so we can hear it.

Anyway, mm. Not to be Negative Nancy, but being in a school musical is a far cry from being a professional singer. You realize that like, 99% of people do not make it in the music industry, so I hope that you're the best of the best.

I know you can't see yourself in a 9-5 job, but..you don't need to rule out anything at this point. If you become a famous musical artist, power to you. I'm not saying it's impossible, but merely saying it's not easy. With that said, it's not a bad thing to dream big.

Do you have anywhere to start? Any idea on getting an agent, and a good one at that? Any idea about getting a record deal, or anything like that? These are things you NEED to know.

Edit: PS, I am actually happy for you that you're trying to go this far. =D I know it seems like I'm being a jerk, but, I dunno. I really do hope you can get it figured out.

Best of luck.

Last edited by Katrina; June 29th 2009 at 03:06 PM.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38

Re: please read my goal in life and maybe help me out with advice? - June 29th 2009, 02:52 PM

I thought the same thing a few years ago and I applied for one of these singing competitions and got a letter back saying to come to the audition place. I didn't go though. I want to finish education first and get my GCSE's and A Levels sorted before I even think about becoming famous. It could all go wrong and then you have no options open.

You're 17 so I'd suggest finishing your education first and also, you could join one of these agencies and perform in pubs and clubs for the time being so you'll be earning money for it and you still get to sing but you'll still be doing your education too.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Tegan Offline
Make a wish...
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tegan

Points: 15,225, Level: 17 Points: 15,225, Level: 17 Points: 15,225, Level: 17

Re: please read my goal in life and maybe help me out with advice? - June 29th 2009, 08:08 PM

Hey Tasha

Congrats on getting this far, especially with people dragging you down, it takes a lot to turn around and prove them wrong.

Like Katrina and Cara said, make sure you focus on getting a good education too, just so you have something to fall back on should things not go as planned.

However... I'm sure if you work hard and really fight for your dreams you'll get where you want to be.

Good Luck Tasha
xo

You are the one, the one who lies next to me,
Whispers "hello, I missed you quite terribly"

Closed Thread