TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Goals and Ambitions (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f126-goals-ambitions/)
-   -   My Dream Goal/Job. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f126-goals-ambitions/t21393-my-dream-goal-job/)

savealife723 July 29th 2009 10:02 PM

My Dream Goal/Job.

I want to go to college and get my business liscences, then I want to study phsycology, and learn about a lot of other things. hah. too many to name.

i want to be a physcologist. but i also want to open up a place for teens to go to get away. drug abusers, under age drinkers, self harmers, suicidals, pregnant, or just any teen that wants to get way from people. i don't want it to be a place they have to go though, i want it to be a place they want to go. they aren't forced to get help, maybe some will seek help, maybe others won't. i just want to open a place where teens can go and get away from the real world.

Tegan July 29th 2009 10:25 PM

Re: My Dream Goal/Job.

I think this is a really beautiful idea Kayla.

I've always been lead to believe that the best method of recovery is when you want to recover. People find it near on impossible to get better when in their hearts they don't want to. Don't be afraid to want to look at other things, because in the long run they might help you out :) You really have a truly amazing vision and I wish you all the luck in the world achieving your dreams, seriously, you deserve to have this goal accomplished because its both selfless and pretty amazing to be honest.

Good Luck Kayla.

esfdhtfy July 30th 2009 01:17 AM

If it's something that you really want to do, begin research on it. Find out if you could somehow double major in Psychology and Business if that's what you want to do. Research your options early so that you have plenty of time to gather all of the vital information that you need and eventually make your final decision based on what you want. Good luck with everything. If it's something that you truly want, don't give up no matter how difficult things get.

Ngikhona August 11th 2009 07:48 PM

That's cool that you want to do stuff for business and psychology, it'll be really rewarding I'm sure. :) The idea for a place of refuge for teens will be rewarding too. I'm wishing you the best of luck because I know that your goal is something that a ton of people could benefit from-- not just the people seeking refuge there but also the friends and family of those people. Community is key. :) Good luck again, and don't give up.

DeletedAccount69 August 12th 2009 05:32 AM

That's really cool. I want to do the same thing for my community as well because where I live there are not a lot of resources for teens and I want to be able to provide them with something.

I think what you want to do is great and if you mind is set on it I am sure you can accomplish it.