TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
prettyface2341 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kelsey

Points: 9,250, Level: 14 Points: 9,250, Level: 14 Points: 9,250, Level: 14

My Goal to be Healthy - October 19th 2009, 06:32 AM

I just joined this today, because I had a major anxiety attack... I don't think I'm exactly ready to go all into detail about exactly why, but to put it simply, I am sick of my weight. I'm a very active person, and I always have been, but my parents also raised me with bad eating habits.. and not necessarily eating the wrong foods, because I happen to eat pretty healthy. It's just skipping breakfast, eating out, over eating at times, and eating too late at night. Although I know I need to change, and I need them to do it, I feel so awkward having to tell them that I'm sick of being fat. We're not members of a gym anymore, because we can't afford it right now, but I am in gym at school and when I find time, I can work out at home... I just want my life to change, because I'm tired of being unhealthy.. and hearing ''ohh, but you have such a pretty face!'' (hence the username) Anyone going through this too? Let's help each other. And... just a suggestion but a specific thread for just weight loss/exercise/etc. could be nice.. or is there one? Like I said, I'm new here.. someone's gotta show me around a little bit.. haha
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Tegan Offline
Make a wish...
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tegan

Points: 15,225, Level: 17 Points: 15,225, Level: 17 Points: 15,225, Level: 17

Re: My Goal to be Healthy - October 20th 2009, 04:24 AM

Hey there!

First off, welcome to the site! If you've got any problems or you have any questions bug one of the users with green usernames, they're buddys and are occasionally ( ) very useful at informing people out the site works! (I'm only joking, they do an awesome job!) Also, if you ever need anything or just fancy a chat feel free to message me or anyone else on the site and I'm sure we'll all be happy to talk to you

Secondly, your thread I think its brilliant that you're trying to get into a healthier lifestyle, its so easy to slip into bad habits that although its tough getting out of them I'm sure you can do it! Don't be afraid to sit down and talk to your parents about this, I'm sure they want what is best for you even if it means changing their lifestyle. Also if their heating habits are unhealthy too then a change might be good for them. Try and stick to set, planned meals. Make time for breakfast and don't snack inbetween. As long as you are healthy and sensible I'm sure this will be fine!

We don't have any weight loss/exercise threads around the site that I know of, as they can be triggering to some users who are suffering from Eating Disorders. Also as you are new to the site I advise you glance over the Terms of Service which can be found here and the Code of Conduct which can be found here, in these rules it does mention that any figures such as weight or sizes cannot be posted on the site at any time, it will lead to an infraction/warning. Just bear that in mind.

Other than that I hope you like it here, and you get to find some really brilliant friends
Good luck also with the healthy eating!
Tegan xo

You are the one, the one who lies next to me,
Whispers "hello, I missed you quite terribly"

(#3 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 15,952, Level: 18 Points: 15,952, Level: 18 Points: 15,952, Level: 18

Re: My Goal to be Healthy - October 21st 2009, 08:06 PM

Heyy Likewise!

I kind of got out of the way of life recently, go to bed at 4 or 5 in the morning, sleep till 3 in the afternoon, wake up, go on my laptop till dinner, have dinner then bed again... Not good! With a lot of snacking too... Im not fat lol, but I've decided to end it I'm going to bed, well trying, its difficult for the next few weeks with GF situation, but going to bed at 12 or so, getting up at 7.30, going for a run, 3 healthy meals a day and no snacking

Lifes good!

How can one love themselves, when they love absolutely nothing?
Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.
Closed Thread