TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
annaa. (: Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Anna,

Lightbulb Writing a book :] - January 2nd 2010, 05:17 PM

i have always liked writing, years ago at christmas i would write short stories about christmas, but they all got lost :/

so this year i have decided to write a book , yes i know im only 13, and my english level is one of my lowest levels, but i thought it would be fun to write a book, and maybe try to get it published when im older.

i started my planning on the 30th of decemeber '09, and so far have planned about 7 pages: main character (looks, personality etc), other people to assist the main character, the enemy and reasons, some objects (locket of eternal life or eternity, i havent decided, ring of regeneration and a book of magic. i have also found alchemist symbols etc.), the characters goals, like if it fails etc, some creatures, and some places :]

i have thought about it long and hard, and my final plot is:
this boy called damien james pevedy, used to bully melissa fremoy in primary school and at a party, he continued. melissas dad told damiens dad to stop him, but damiens dad thought it was entertaining, so melissas dad hit damiens, causing him to fall over and hit his head quite hard, cracking his skull open and killing him. now melissa is 13 and damien is about 17, damien wishes to get revenge but her dad died in a car crash, so he is taking it out on her loved ones, and killing her mother later in the story. melissas grandmother left her a jewellery box, containing the locket of eternity (eternal life) and the ring of regeneration, which damien wants.

i dont know how else to explain it really, i would like some comments if people dont mind :]

is it too complicated?

i might post the first chapter when i finish it, but ill see how it goes.

thanks x

"The only person standing in your way is you."
-Black Swan
  Send a message via MSN to annaa. (:  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Writing a book :] - January 2nd 2010, 05:35 PM

Ive always wanted to write a book as well, although i have problems nailing down a solid plot and sticking to it. I prefere to include humour but i always end up getting side tracked

And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Writing a book :] - January 4th 2010, 07:20 PM

yeahh i am a bit at the moment. i written about 3 paragraphs, i didnt write yesterday or today :/
its soo much harder than i thought :/ i need to make the chapter longer before i start the new one.

-Black Swan
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Writing a book :] - January 4th 2010, 08:58 PM

Wow, you are very creative! I would love to read your novel once it's finished. It sounds really good.
I am also into writing and have a novel finished that I would like to get edited and published sometime this year, hopefully! I am writing like a series, such as Harry Potter, there's going to be a part 2 and part 3, etc...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Writing a book :] - January 5th 2010, 11:47 AM

same here! i think series are a great way to finish if you cant fit everything into one book :]
im planning to do more than one too,
and ive almost finished chapter one, but it seems a bit short... the next chapter is going to be about the village, any ideas on how i can make it longer:

With her long, dark hair, shining blue eyes and sparkling personality, most people would think that Melissa Fremoy was an average teenager; and they were right. She had a pretty normal experience in primary school. Good grades, nice teachers and a small handful of friends to keep her going when times got tough. But she had always had a strange intrest in magic and mytholigy, so she was pretty lucky to be left with her grandmothers possesions when she died. 'Alisters Secerets' was a book she got from the belongings. She also got a jewellery box containing many necklaces, earrings, braclets and broaches which she liked to look at, so she never really got the time to look at the book. But who would have thought that her past, a boy and a locket would have had the abilities to change her life forever.

"Hey, Melissa. Wake up, we're nearly there!" whispered Tom _ , who tried to keep his excitement held in, before he blurted something stupid out.
"What - nearly where?" replied Melissa. It took a moment or two before she realised what Tom meant. "Oh yeah! I hope you're not joking!"
"Why would I do that 'ey?" he answered, with a cheeky look upon his face.
"Ooh you know what I mean" said Melissa, who was now smiling uncontrollably.
"Yes I do, I just like to tease you! Anyway, you know I have been waiting for this for a very long time. I would be annoyed with myself if I was joking!"
There was a silence. Melissa let out a giggle and gazed out of the misty carrige window watching the sun creep over the horizon, casting a shadow over a small town in the distance, where they had both been dreaming to go.
Melissa met Tom years ago, whilst on holiday in Africa. Being a tipical 7 year old, he wasn't shy when it came to talking to strangers. He had always loved meeting new people, especially because he was an only child (he now has a baby brother, Jack). Seeing that Melissa was sitting on the side of the pool by herself, he went up to her and they got talking and eventually found out that they both lived in England, which made them good friends. Since then, they have been inseperable.

About 10 minutes past and the train finally came to a halt. Melissa grabbed her bundles of books, a supprisingly large cage, and a quill encrusted with emeralds and sapphires which her grandmother left her, whilst Tom took the suitcases out of the carrige, onto the platform in Little Ostton Village.

-Black Swan
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Writing a book :] - January 7th 2010, 05:59 PM

some of it may not make sence, but i havent edited it or anything yet,

-Black Swan
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Writing a book :] - January 7th 2010, 11:35 PM

Sounds like a book I’d like to read! This is a breath of fresh air seeing a 13 year old wanting to write a book – good for you! I think this is an excellent project and one you’ll find very rewarding once it’s complete.

Remember take your time and never lose sight of why you’re creating this book!

Closed Thread