TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous23 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Anon Ymous

Help! I just want to be a humble Mexican fruit seller! - May 26th 2010, 02:19 PM

I've really had it with the education system! However much I love college for the social aspect, I really can't stand A Levels. They're just stressing me out and we're not tested on our ability -it's basically it's-a-knock-out on exam paper.

The only real reason I can even be bothered to stay in college do well and go to university is because I want to be a nurse, because that's something useful that I can contribute where ever I go. that way I could go and do charity work in a third world country but still earn a living doing something that will actually benefit others.

However, that is not my dream. To be honest my dream is simply to be a humble fruit seller in Mexico (where I'm doing my gap year), live in a shack-of-a-ranch with hot chilli peppers hanging form the door with my fisherman husband and drive an old beaten up orange truck. I want to have the simple life and enjoy the little things.

Ahhhh but i need to be a nurse so that I can help other people. Maybe my actual dream could be what I do when I retire...

I don't know! Please help, I'm losing my motivation!

What do I dooo????

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Mercy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mercedes

Re: Help! I just want to be a humble Mexican fruit seller! - May 26th 2010, 02:56 PM

if being a nurse isn't truely what you want to be, then you will never truely enjoy it!

"lord, give me grace and dancing feet, and the power to impress" - Bloc Party, The Prayer

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous23 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Anon Ymous

Re: Help! I just want to be a humble Mexican fruit seller! - May 26th 2010, 03:00 PM

True... I mean, I do really want to do it, it's just not my ultimate dream. As long as I can do something useful for people wherever I go i will be happy... But one day, the Mexican thing will happen and I will run after people shouting at them to buy my pineapples for five silver coins...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: Help! I just want to be a humble Mexican fruit seller! - May 27th 2010, 04:56 PM

Your humble-Mexican-fruit-seller dream seriously does not take into account reality. Take it from someone who used to spend a lot of his time in the Pyreneean mountains with no electricity or hot water (plenty of running water - ie rivers!!), urban life is beautiful.

What you need to do is 1) Concentrate on yourself instead of your studies, 2) Find something that makes you feel good so you can enjoy life for what it's worth and 3) Aim for a job that YOU like doing and not just something you think would benefit others! (sure, some love the feeling of accomplishing something obvious with your work, but if you find yourself substituting someone else's happiness for your personal enjoyment of your work, then you'll never be happy with life)
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
John 6:29 Offline
Romans 2:6-8
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: Help! I just want to be a humble Mexican fruit seller! - May 28th 2010, 12:20 AM

I think you should pursue being a nurse. I think that doing things for others will be much more rewarding in the long run. Then again you may find later on that it's not for you. But you won't know till you're a nurse. Education (some classes) can be a pain, but you just have to stick with it. Pursuing after happiness will only end in disappointment, but that's just how I view it. In fact, you're probably in the situation you're in now because you thought it'd make you happy originally (just a guess). So stick to nursing and schooling, but if you need to take a break and focus on what you truly want to do. You're only 16, you have time... slow down a little bit and take it a day at a time.
  Send a message via AIM to John 6:29 Send a message via MSN to John 6:29  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Zyzz Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Help! I just want to be a humble Mexican fruit seller! - June 1st 2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewithoutYou View Post
slow down a little bit and take it a day at a time.
i agree with that statement.

but if you really want to be a fruit seller in mexico go for it. its better to follow your main goal in life then trying to justify doing something to just help people.

and you know being a mexican fruit seller you are helping people you are giving them a change of buying some great fruit that you worked hard on.

Closed Thread