TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AlabamaForever Offline
MissKayla
Welcome me, I'm new!

My dream - May 29th 2010, 03:46 AM

I want to be famous one day for acting or singing or dancing (all would be nice ) . Not only just for fame and money but to also make people happy, and to make a difference. When im dancing, singng, or acting i feel so complete, calm, and confident. I know the chances of becoming famous are like a billion to one, but i want to be one of the few. My mom doesn't want me to get hurt so she won't let me do anything, what she dosen't get is that getting hurt or rejected makes me stronger and better. Do you think my dream is stupid.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: My dream - May 29th 2010, 06:05 AM

Hey there,

I do not think your dream is stupid at all. I think it is great to have dreams. My cousin is married to a man that had the dream of being in major league baseball. He recently got signed to a team (I don't remember the team). He doesn't get a lot of action but the fact that he got signed means that he might get there.

However, my cousins husband got a college degree as well so in case his dream falls through he does, in fact have something to lean back on which is a great idea.

Personally, I would encourage you to go for your dream but I would also encourage you to have a back up plan. Maybe get a college degree or go to vocational school or something just so that you will have a career to depend on.

Never give up on your dreams but don't let your dreams get in the way of you have a successful and fulfilling life. You know?

You can still dream but you still have to be able to support yourself etc.

I hope this helped and if you need anything else feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lexy9e Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alexis Zoe<3

Re: My dream - May 29th 2010, 06:07 AM

This is an amazing dream! Something I have learned is to never give up on your dreams and fight for them so you must do this! You seem very passionate about it all and that is such a beautiful thing. I also love acting and have been getting small things in film! It's exciting and fun. Rejection is just a reason to practice and fight harder. If you work hard enough you will accomplish everything you want in your life. Keep with this wonderful dream :]

Best,
Lexy

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lullaby :) Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: K

Re: My dream - May 29th 2010, 05:35 PM

It's not a stupid dream at all!
If everybody thought it was a stupid dream then nobody would get anywhere in life and there wouldn't be any amazing songs or films or anything out there, would there? Somebody's gotta do it
Just make sure you've got something to fall back on if things dont work out with a 'happy ever after' ending, but hey, even if you dont make it to the very top, you can still do what makes you happy
Good luck

I Guess There's Always Someone Out There, Feeling The Way I Do
But How Can I Be Sure, Cause Of What I Been Through
I'm Just Not Sure I Can Trust You

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Re: My dream - June 8th 2010, 02:29 AM

Dreams aren't stupid. You should never give up on what you want to do. One of my college teachers, the type who "goes out there" then retreats once told me that if he could he'd do it all over again and hang in there instead of coming back and giving up. All throughout my life, I never knew if I'd get there or even close to there. To me, I couldn't even see it. I had doubts - but I kept on fighting, I hung on and I'll continue to hang on.

Now I'm an intern over at Warner Brothers with an exec who backs me up 110%. I'm writing a script for the son of an academy award winner. Everything is coming together. I'm on the verge of making my dream a reality. If I had given up or let someone stand in my way - I wouldn't be here. Yeah, people say how "few" people out there make it. But, I'm comfortable enough now to say I'm one of them - not famous, but that's because on my side (development) we're out of the spotlight, but - basically working my way there and can hold it.

You can get there too. Another teacher told me that sometimes she sees the most often is people who will themselves into getting ahead - that they always believe they're going to succeed, and just believing it - they succeed. Ironically that's the view I've had all my life. If you're motivated enough, work hard enough, do anything and everything possible - you can get ahead. This life is a roller coaster, know what the difference is between those who say dreams are dumb and those that are nearing the top? The ones that are against it, they gave up - they fell without even giving it a fighting chance. Fight hard, keep your will - one day, things'll come your way. You just have to wait, watch, and be ready for it. Everyone has their moment. And by be ready - at WB, I knew I had to prove myself to them. I got lunch, I brought it directly back so that I could work while I ate instead of taking the one hour lunch break - workaholic? Maybe, but now they're behind me 110% - so it paid off in more than spades. Keep dreaming, in this life - that's all we have.

"Maybe I just like people. Maybe sexuality isn't one thing or the other. Maybe it's just something that's shifting and moving. I just know I'm not thinking man or woman."
- SHAMELESS.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Spellbound Offline
LGRW
I can't get enough

Re: My dream - June 8th 2010, 03:31 AM

I don't think that any dream is stupid. I admire you for your passion towards acting, singing, and dancing. If your passion is strong enough for something, then I think that if you work towards it, you can achieve it. Goals and dreams are what keep you going and what make you want to keep going, and it's great that you seem to have such love and devotion for singing, dancing and acting. Keep striving for your goal because it is possible to achieve it one day. I wish you all the best!

Send a message via MSN to Spellbound  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Zyzz Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: My dream - June 8th 2010, 01:41 PM

its not a stupid dream. but you should go for it with 110% of yourself. because if you do you will feel that you can do it. and also dont take no for an answer. i do remember hearing people who follow there dreams and dont back out of them even if they are not the most successful when they look back they have fewer regrets in life.

Closed Thread