TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
EJD Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Talking My life lies in the dirt. - July 30th 2010, 02:24 PM

Hear me out - I'm not saying my life is crap, I'm saying my life really does lie in the dirt. Not metaphorical dirt, actual dirt.

I always wanted to be a musician. I play guitar, and I'm an okay player if I may say so myself. But I suck at the musical side of things... the theory. I always fantasized about being a professional musician like my heroes, but when it came to thinking about whether it's actually possible for me to do it... I'm not sure. I know it's just practice to get good, and trust me I've tried, but I can think of a million things I'd rather be doing than sitting inside on sunny days practicing. I'm just not naturally talented at music.

What I am naturally talented at, though, involves wheels and an engine.

Ever since I can remember, I've loved cars and bikes... things with engines that move really fast. When I was, like, three, I learned to ride my bike in a day. I got the hang of it so fast, man, and I was blasting around the back garden like a natural. I always watched racing on TV... circuit racing, offroad... anything... Monster Jam was a particular favourite of mine.

So, I will still practice guitar because I do enjoy doing it. But for a career, I'm gonna be an offroad personality, like Travis Pastrana or Ken Block. They are my heroes. I love the dirt, I love watching offroad videos, I adore motocross, rally and Trophy trucks. So I'm going to work towards that. I'm gonna get a job, and I'm going to work like hell to get a cheap, used dirtbike and some gear. Hopefully I'll find some local events to enter, and just work my way up. It's going to be hard, but I just don't care. If it takes all my life, I will do this.

Some videos for your viewing pleasure (strong language in the first one's music, but you gotta watch 2:24, it's beast)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejvSR8wpZVo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqYlehdhMvY

Yes, yes, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't really expect anyone to care, I just wanna tell someone, anyone, haha

(#2 (permalink)) Old
newbie552 Offline
choose wisely
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Robin

Re: My life lies in the dirt. - July 31st 2010, 03:52 PM

the first sentence made me chuckle

But it's really good that you decided on what you want to do and are willing to do the work required to get to it. Personaly i could never do either of those things, but it's good that you can do both. Hope it goes well for you. Good luck! Oh, by the way, i'm super jealous of how fast you learned to ride your bike.

You're amazing just the way you are

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: My life lies in the dirt. - August 12th 2010, 04:26 AM

You learned how to ride your bike in a day at age 3???? O.O

Good luck with music and cars!
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
Closed Thread