TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Yours Truly Offline
Ashley<3(:
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Volunteering - August 2nd 2010, 04:09 AM

I just sent an email to a Salvation Army rep, and looked into this kids traveling talent show thing to help raise money for pancreatititis or somthing like that.. i forget.

but i was wondering if you all had any ideas on places to volunteer? Im more interested in things that benefit kids, teens, adults, etc.. ive done sicsa volunteering before but it just wasnt for me.. And ive done like working at wildlife pereserves and stuff.. I just want to try somthing that has to do with humans and benefits others.

Any ideas? i live in ohio, usa.

recourses? anything? thanks (:

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle." <3

Feel free to PM/VM me if you ever need someone to talk to, or just want someone to listen. I'm also always up for making new friends.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I can't get enough

Re: Volunteering - August 2nd 2010, 04:46 AM

Hello

Habitat for Humanity - benefits low income families, you may be too young - I think their age is 16

Big Brothers/Sisters - but you may be to young

Special Olympics - benefits humans of all ages. There's many jobs they'd have for you.

Any daycare classroom would love to have you! And the kids would love it too.
I don't know if they can run a background check on a 14 year old -they'd probably just want to meet you parents. I think this would be really good for you.

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Volunteering - August 2nd 2010, 05:08 AM

You may be able to volunteer at a library. I remember when I was little they had reading programs for little kids that I would go to where you would read a book and then share the story with a teenager. I guess it was supposed to help you get into and get good at reading. I'm obsessed with reading now so apparently it worked for me. xD Also, just today I saw an ad in the paper where you can volunteer to help younger kids to learn to read. So check at the library.

You could also volunteer at a nursing home. I have a friend that does that. Look up some local nursing homes that you know of and visit their websites, see if there's any way to sign up for volunteering.

There's also hospitals. I was going to volunteer at the hospital my mom works at earlier in the summer, and there was also a volunteer program at the hospital she used to work at that I never got the chance to join but had always wanted to.

You could look into volunteering at a soup kitchen too, if there's any in your area. I used to go to Catholic school and they had planned on taking to us one several times. If you go to a church you can more than likely get in contact with one through your church.

Hopefully you find a volunteer job that you enjoy. Good luck. x

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Volunteering - August 12th 2010, 03:28 AM

Nursing homes are great places to volunteer! I love them!

Also libraries, churches, soup kitchens, etc.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
Closed Thread