TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Arrow I want to be a professional MMA fighter and leave my band - August 22nd 2010, 10:40 PM

Well my dream used to be a musician, but I only feel comfortable writing lyrics and lately music just isn't as fun as it used to be now I have to write to carry my weight not just because I want to for fun and I secretly thing band is a load of crap...I entered a song writing contest but none of us can play an intrument generally well or sing generally well either.

What I truely love is Mixed Martial Arts. I want to become a pro fighter and I know it's nieve considering I've only had three classes of kick boxing and am soon starting jujitsu. I have alot of back problems, and i have some problems with my rib my dad wants me to get an MRI if they persist but i keep telling him it's just out of place and my sister agrees, I've already sprained/strained my right wrist an ankle in the total of three classes and there pretty much better now, I am over weight and do not have very much muscle strength YET, but it is slowly improving...I want to be a pro fighter so bad, and i know it will take time and alot of practice, and I have and will take any injuries like a trooper, just participating in the sport makes me have pride, and I talk about it so much that I just LOVE mma but sometimes I feel like a poser like i haven't earned my right to say I love it yet like I have to prove I deserve to be obsessed with it. I wish I could get off my lazy ass and train more but it's hard to stay motivated to do it and procrastination itself gets in the way, but I want this SOOOOO bad.

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: I want to be a professional MMA fighter and leave my band - August 22nd 2010, 11:29 PM

Sometimes what you want is not what you need. If you have back problems then you simply shouldn't be a fighter. Considering that you've only had a few classes, take it from a blackbelt in Isshinryu.

I'm just offering my advice.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: I want to be a professional MMA fighter and leave my band - August 22nd 2010, 11:33 PM

But it just feels like I'd be giving up to easily, there was a dancer on so you think you can dance canada...named Luca Lazy Legs and has no muscles in his legs and he is a B-boy...is it even likely that enough physiotherapy can make my back good enough to fight? or will fixing my back and fighting asking for trouble?

It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Re: I want to be a professional MMA fighter and leave my band - August 22nd 2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieRage View Post
But it just feels like I'd be giving up to easily, there was a dancer on so you think you can dance canada...named Luca Lazy Legs and has no muscles in his legs and he is a B-boy...is it even likely that enough physiotherapy can make my back good enough to fight? or will fixing my back and fighting asking for trouble?
This all depends on you. For example... I see people run on the street like the wind and I think a lot of the time "Man, I wish I could do that!" But even when I was at my fittest I couldn't do very much cardio at all... I would have to kill myself to be able to run like them, and even then, Is it worth it then? You need to determine how much you're willing to sacrifice in order to do this. If you're risking your health, is it?

And hey, just another idea. Maybe try some different dojos. There are many arts and you could become really really good in one that doesn't use as much force as MMA. You have all the time you need, maybe It's time to venture out?

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: I want to be a professional MMA fighter and leave my band - August 23rd 2010, 12:02 AM

the thing is I just started MMA and its what I love, i've tried yogo, absolutely hate it, i've watched tae kwon do and karate and there boring i like mma because its a challange and you have give everything you've got...im lucky i even got into mma we don't have alot of money and my dad doesn't really believe in athletic stuff he says stuff but never does anything, so i am fortunate for what i have i just wish i knew for sure i could over come these problems some how, i have back problems only sometimes, and when im doing mma i dont feel it at all...i dont think its fair for my dad to present not allowing me to do what i love i want to over come it somehow

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Re: I want to be a professional MMA fighter and leave my band - August 23rd 2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieRage View Post
the thing is I just started MMA and its what I love, i've tried yogo, absolutely hate it, i've watched tae kwon do and karate and there boring i like mma because its a challange and you have give everything you've got...im lucky i even got into mma we don't have alot of money and my dad doesn't really believe in athletic stuff he says stuff but never does anything, so i am fortunate for what i have i just wish i knew for sure i could over come these problems some how, i have back problems only sometimes, and when im doing mma i dont feel it at all...i dont think its fair for my dad to present not allowing me to do what i love i want to over come it somehow
I still think you might be looking at the wrong schools. I have seen some pretty amazing martial arts. And personally I don't think MMA is about giving everything you've got. It's plain fighting to fight and hurt the other person.

It's your choice.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: I want to be a professional MMA fighter and leave my band - August 23rd 2010, 12:09 AM

thats also part of it that i like
my name is jamie rage because i am a very angry person all the time, i always wanna start fights but i dont because im scared of getting kicked out of my school and get a bad rep...so i bottle it up and i become more angry, in mma i can start fights and i am rewarded for winning because im suposed to do it, so instead of having an un even fight and getting a bad rep and hurting someone who does not deserve it i can fight and get a good rep hurting someone who is looking for it, im willing to make the sacrifices i know there are risks just like in any sport

Closed Thread