TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jackie Offline
World Explorer
Welcome me, I'm new!

"Stab your Facebook" - September 17th 2010, 11:44 PM

A big goal of mine is to limit the amount of time I spend on the computer. I think the biggest thing for me was Facebook. I quit it about over a week ago and it's amazing...I have been able to do the things I've always procrastinated on but never did. I finally got a job and filled out paperwork and have started living life instead of living a virtual life.

I challenge anyone who reads this to have a goal to quit their facebook for at least two weeks and see the difference. For me it went something like this: day 1-6 I really wanted it back and I hated that I had deleted everything; as the days went on I saw that I started doing others things and it got way easier.Now it's been like two weeks and I don't miss it. I feel awesome to be able to say that because I used to be on for HOURS. Every ten minutes I had to go on and check status updates...None of it matters- it's best to just go and call your friends and actually hang out. Or go out there and DO something. It's just amazing to be free from the facebook addiction

ARTE

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Allons-y! Offline
Don't blink.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: "Stab your Facebook" - September 18th 2010, 03:28 AM

I quit for six weeks this spring. Now I'm back Was definitely an interesting experience. I recommend it, if not permanently, at least for a few weeks.

let me light up the sky, light it up for you
let me tell you why, i would die for you
When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.
9 out of every 10 problems in relationships can be solved by talking. So why are we so damn quiet?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: "Stab your Facebook" - September 18th 2010, 04:27 AM

I should try this. I'm starting to hate facebook. It's funny how all the stupid statuses get responses, but when you put profound quotes and such everyone leaves it alone. I'm starting to hate that It wants me dumber.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: "Stab your Facebook" - September 18th 2010, 06:40 PM

I would love to but alot of plans tend to be organised over facebook so it doesn't really seem that realistic for me atm; once I get to uni though I'm deffo going to stop using it as much.
I find that if I turn on my laptop and I go to "check" my fb, I will spend ageeess on it and not do all the things I turned the computer on for in the first place.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: "Stab your Facebook" - September 20th 2010, 09:34 PM

I think i need to reduce my computer times. Especially facebook. I am a Facebook Addict. lol :P

Closed Thread