TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmiFey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Acting on my Forever Dream - December 29th 2010, 06:44 PM

For longer than I can remember (cuz, ya know, my memory stinks ) I've wanted to be in acting. I'm a teenager now, so my parents don't mind me researching on my own about it, and they're really supportive of my dream, even if my sister isn't. I'm really not into it for the fame or the money (in fact, I'm not at all interested in either except to help with college and/or buying more music for my ipod). I just really love acting. :P I always have and I'm positive that I always will.

So does anybody know exactly how I can find some smaller auditions in my area? I mean, I've researched online and stuff, but I'm not sure what sites are most reliable. (I've also asked my aunt, and she's talked a little about advice for an agent and/or acting classes but not much else.)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Yours Truly Offline
Ashley<3(:
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Re: Acting on my Forever Dream - December 29th 2010, 08:22 PM

Congrats! Thats great, hun. (:

Thats part of my dream too. (really, anything in the entertainment business... Music/Acting/Modeling/etc..) And getting started is a lot easier than you may think.

I joined newfaces.com (org? net? one of them..) and a day later got a message asking for an audition in my area. I just did the free version of the site, didnt have to pay anything.

Are you willing to pay for acting classes? Or save up money for it, or since your family is supportive, do you think they'd chip in a bit?

Theres this one company I became a part of back in 2008, through newfaces. I got 6 months of every other weekend, going there for 'school' but it was acting/modeling/business classes.

If you want any more info on the place, you can message me. Its called John Casablancas Modeling and Career Center. (:

Also, Local theatre is great.

Does your school have a drama program? Try to get involved in that with the new semester approaching.

craigslist.com <--- be careful. but ive gotten a few gigs and auditions through there.

google is your friend

Also, anything you can get on a resume for even small auditions or anything, is a big plus. Even if it was just for a school project and you got a good grade, if you had to use a camera or anything like that.

Sorry for the long response. Im sitting here trying to think of everything I possibly can to help you, Cause It sucks trying to figure it all out on your own, trust me. lmao.

But If you have any questions or anything else, feel free to message me! (:

Good luck. You can do it. <3

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle." <3

Feel free to PM/VM me if you ever need someone to talk to, or just want someone to listen. I'm also always up for making new friends.
  Send a message via AIM to Yours Truly Send a message via Skype™ to Yours Truly 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
AmiFey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: Acting on my Forever Dream - December 29th 2010, 08:48 PM

I'll definately be telling my mom about Newfaces. It looks pretty neat.

And I might be able to get some acting classes. The problem is finding them! I live in a small area that (I think) is an hour or so from Nashville. Finding less expensive ones is next to impossible for me.

Yeah. I might see if I can join the drama club for the second semester (although I don't know if they'll let me). I wasn't able to join last semester because of marching band.

Thank you so much for the help. :P Don't be surprised if you get a message from me soon!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Yours Truly Offline
Ashley<3(:
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Re: Acting on my Forever Dream - December 29th 2010, 09:32 PM

Nashville. Thats like my second home. haha i live in ohio, but my uncle lives down there. Theres plenty all over Tennsee, If you need help finding some let me know and i'll do some research. haha. talenthunter is another site you could try, but it costs like... 5 dollars a month i think? I got somthing from there too. and even though i dont pay anymore, i still get emails for auditions and stuff.

alright, xD

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle." <3

Feel free to PM/VM me if you ever need someone to talk to, or just want someone to listen. I'm also always up for making new friends.
  Send a message via AIM to Yours Truly Send a message via Skype™ to Yours Truly 
Closed Thread