TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
James Moriarty Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: James Moriarty

Lightbulb something helpful? - February 7th 2011, 05:47 PM

today at school i spent the day as a sixth former. it was like a taster session kinda' thing, and this afternoon we had a guy come in to talk to us. He's someone whos worked for the BBC - met some amazing people and experienced things he'll never forget. he was awesome really...

so yeah, he gave us a booklet and gave us something to do that someone who is now very successful did when he was younger. i can't remember the name of this person, but yeah. we had a section with the titles 'short term goal' 'medium term goal' and 'long term goal'. we had to write something we'd like to acheive in each of these sections. and the idea was, that, like this other person who'd done it who's now very successful, it would be something we would set our minda on and remember. Mine were:
Short term: get good GCSE grades
medium term: get into sixth form
long term: do acting or psychology professionally.

He showed us videos too and quotations from famous people about what is success. it was actually pretty inspiring. and i don't know if anyone reading this has seen the video of that guy from new zeland i think it is, he's got no arms and legs, but he makes the most of life. the kids he was talking to were in tears because of what he said to them. and all that was was basically that everyone is beautiful in their own way, and no matter what life throws at you, you should always believe that. he's a real character really, to have such enthusiasm in a life which has thrown you an obstical is pretty amazing, because i look at my situations and think to myself; hold on a sec, you've got it great!

Some pretty amazing things we were shown today, and i really took them all in. they gave me new outlooks on life and taught me to stay possitive, like one of the quotes said something about the best education you'll get i the one from the voice inside your own head telling you that you can do it.

just thought i'd share my experiences because today taught me so much. sorry for such a long post, but i hope it was worth the read.

In a world of locked rooms
The man with the key is king.
And honey
You should see me in a crown
Tumblr

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Jaden89 Offline
Taste The Rainbow...
Average Joe

Name: Malissa

Re: something helpful? - February 7th 2011, 05:55 PM

Sounds like an awesome experience, I really enjoyed reading about it and I'm sure it will help someone else as well.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Jaden89  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: something helpful? - February 9th 2011, 09:06 AM

Oh cool!

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
Youíre the diamonds, youíre the pearls
Letís make a new tomorrow