TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Believe. Offline
Average Joe

Name: you can call me iz

my room - March 13th 2011, 06:07 AM

went to my brothers today and he has a new house and it's kind of traditional and old but having lived in an apartment for about 16 years he's finally managed to own his own house. I'm proud of him but kind of inspired too. i want to fix up my little room, it's the place i'm at most of the time and yet i've never really taken much importance in how it's organized or detailing it so it's just mine. the furniture in it are old and handy downs. my closet doesn't have a door and my windows don't work. (it's the coldest and hottest room in the house) i wonder if i could paint it, buy a new curtain... any ideas of how to personalize it?

Blah

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pug Princess Offline
Bug and Pug <3

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: my room - March 13th 2011, 06:39 AM

I personalize my room by hanging up drawings and pictures that me or my friends do. I also have birthday cards and Christmas cards on my windowsill. Basically, take anything you or your friends make or anything you buy thats awesome looking and find a place for it. It might take some time but it will feel like the room is yours
Have fun!

~~~
Article Editor | Project Advisor
~~~
Skittlify

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Believe. Offline
Average Joe

Re: my room - March 13th 2011, 07:05 AM

thanks melody! i'll take your advice :]

Blah

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ancora Imparo Offline
Be Who You Want to Be.
I've been here a while

Name: Jake

Re: my room - March 13th 2011, 12:39 PM

I think that this is a great goal to have! Especially as like you said, you spend a lot of time in your room so it should be a place to reflect your personality and be a place that makes you feel comfortable and happy. I guess everyone makes their room their own in different ways. Some people put posters and pictures on the wall, others may hang up a canvas with some wall art on it and some, well one of my friends I know did this, actually write quotes and stuff on their walls. It's down to personal taste I suppose, anything that makes you comfortable and happy. Good luck! You'll have to let us all know how you get on with it.

When we're lost in the madness, kindness is wisdom. [/right]
  Send a message via MSN to Ancora Imparo Send a message via Skype™ to Ancora Imparo 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Xineas Offline
You can call me Daniel
Average Joe

Name: Daniel

Re: my room - March 13th 2011, 03:16 PM

I've found that even changing little things, like bedsheets, for ones that are the color that you like most. Get some fluffy colorful pillows and spice up your walls with some nice pictures of you and your friends. Perhaps, if you can, get a nice second hand chair and make it something that totally reflects you. It's cool, gives you something to do and you can be proud of your masterpiece afterwards.

And to go along with Jake, my sister has a saying or some piece of lyrics on her wall. The wall is plain white and the letters are curly and black. It's totally her.

Stupid questions do not exist!
Or do they? Nah. Ask and you shall be answered!

Since March 16, 2011

My parents have been divorced for 12 years. If you're stuck in the middle, feel free to PM me!
Social Group for people with Divorced Parents

(#6 (permalink)) Old
James Moriarty Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: James Moriarty

Re: my room - March 13th 2011, 04:42 PM

People have pretty much said all I would say. Drawings you or your friends do, christmas cards, birthday cards. You could put photos up of you & your friends. Even the duvet can make your room more you-ish, just get one you think reflects you. There's loads of things you can do really.

You're lucky you can. I can't because I share a room with my sister. Have fun decorating it in your own way. <3

In a world of locked rooms
The man with the key is king.
And honey
You should see me in a crown
Tumblr

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Believe. Offline
Average Joe

Re: my room - March 14th 2011, 05:41 AM

thanks you guys, i like all of your ideas and help!! i'll definately let you all know how it ends up :]

Blah

Closed Thread