TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Goals and Ambitions (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f126-goals-ambitions/)
-   -   My goal is to be a fashion designer (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f126-goals-ambitions/t70705-my-goal-fashion-designer/)

pixietheangel March 31st 2011 08:40 PM

My goal is to be a fashion designer

Hey, i really dont think im good enough at fashion to be a fasihon designer but my ambition is to be like a famous fashion designer/stylist/fashion magazine editor. that kind of glamourous arty life style. i feel really stupid for wanting it though. i dont mean this to sound big headed at all just that i feel like im wasting my like grades and stuff by wanting to work in something as unreliable and arty as someone in fashion? does anyone else feel this way. i lvoe drawing clothes and my textiles gcse class is like ym faveourit subject. but everyone else in my set which is like set 1 out of 10 wants to be lawyers, and take maths, be scientists, doctors, dentists. sorry for this ramble i jsut needed to get that out there. ok phew thansk so much xx

DeletedAccount31 March 31st 2011 09:07 PM

Re: My goal is to be a fashion designer

Hi there! Don't feel "stupid" for wanting this! It's a great dream and it's yours! Never mind what everybody else wants. Those are their dreams. It's perfectly all right to stray from the "norm," although I don't find wanting to pursue something as you have described to be abnormal. If you really want it, you can make it happen. Don't let anybody preach the negatives to you -- for example, don't let them tell you how "unreliable" it is, etc. Keep your eye on the prize and go for it!

Hang tough! :) You can do this! Great dream!

Just Peachy. April 4th 2011 05:38 PM

I agree with Kylie- don't feel stupid for wanting to follow your dreams.
If you're happy, then that's all that matters. Cliche as it sounds- it's cliche for a reason.
We can all be doctors and lawyers. I think it's awesome that you've decided to pursue this. :D

pixietheangel April 4th 2011 06:56 PM

aww thankyou so much, this has really cheered me up xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx yeye ty again <3

Ancora Imparo April 5th 2011 05:20 PM

Hey Pixie,

I don't think you're stupid for wanting to become a fashion designer at all! Everyone has different goals and different dreams and if this one is yours then you should go for it if that's what is going to make you happy. :) With hard work and determination absolutely anything is possible and if you go into something with a defeated mentality then the chances are that you'll come out defeated too, so please start believing in yourself because you can do it! :)