TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
gloves123 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rashel

Arrow talent show? yes or no? - May 17th 2011, 08:13 PM

I got abit of a problem
i really want to enter the talent show additions but whenever i even think of it i feel sick to the stomach!!!! i try out for EVERY solo i can in choir and im still getting used to that and ive never gotten any of the solos but when people at school ask me to sing i can't even get a note out if i tried!!!!! i was thinking of playing stand in the rain on the piano and singing at the same time so i could hide behinde it but id probobly look stupid like that. so should i? and if yes then how do i get rid of my completly paralizing stage fright?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: talent show? yes or no? - May 18th 2011, 12:56 AM

Do it.

When I decided to sing in the talent show, I was pretty nervous. The friend that was going to sing with me left me hanging, I couldn't get the track for the song I had to sing in time for the show, and I had to concentrate, really, really hard, otherwise I'd forget the words to my second-choice song. The second-choice song was also very loud, which helped me a bit.

My advice: Do it, do it, do it! You'll be nervous, but in the end, it's a good thing to go through. Auditions shouldn't be that bad. Hey, you could do like me, and forget the name of your song when the person asks for it. But, I got it, did it, sang in the talent show went pretty well.

The only bad thing are the people who remember you for your apperance only, but that shouldn't be a problem, seeing how most people don't have blue hair... Lol.

But trust me: Do it, or you'll have regrets. And if you do decide to, good luck!

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
gloves123 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: talent show? yes or no? - May 18th 2011, 09:17 PM

yeah but even if do end up at the talent show aditions , i know from experience my voice will go all wonky and sound like a dyeing cat!!!!!!!!!!!!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Mellifluous Offline
Moo with me.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Anna, call me Rue

Re: talent show? yes or no? - May 18th 2011, 09:44 PM

The only way to get rid of stage fright is face the fear. I know from experience. Imagine everyone in their underwear. Or, do what I do, and pick out a few people in the crowd. Focus on them. Pretend that no one else is there. It works for me.

I love the song and I've always wanted someone to play it on piano. So, no. You won't look stupid.

Also, you needn't worry about looking stupid!!! NEVER EVER worry about looking stupid. WHO CARES if you look stupid?! As long as YOU like your performance, you did AH-MAZING!!!

Best of luck. If you do do the talent show, you'd BETTER PM me a video. :P <3

You can find me here: http://mcrdoesmylaundry.tumblr.com/
Follow me, I'm pretty awesome

Gimme sympathy,
after all of this is gone.
Who would you rather be?
Beatles or the Rolling Stones?
Oh,seriously,
You're gonna make mistakes.
You're young.
Come on, baby.
Play me somethin'
like 'Here Comes the Sun'

(#5 (permalink)) Old
gloves123 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: talent show? yes or no? - May 19th 2011, 07:29 PM

well if i dont enter ill record myself singing that song with piano and try to post it! :P

Closed Thread