TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
No-Panties!!! Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dee

Future? - June 30th 2011, 09:34 PM

me and my best friend have a sort of rough plan for the future and i wanted to know if anyone thought it would be a good idea.
the plan is to get a two bedroom flat (or even one bedroom if we cant get two) and both get part time jobs while we go to college (hope for university too) so we can both pay rent.
my friend will hopefully be traveling a bit as she is going into acting but her aunt has said she might give us her old flat to rent for cheap when my friend turns eighteen so money should be ok and we are putting bits of cash away at the moment to help save up for the flat.
i know most girl have this plan with their friends and it usually never happens but
we both have jobs lined up and have already been accepted to local colleges and we sort of have a flat sorted out and have some spare cash stored away for emergencies so does anyone think this will work out?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hiraeth Offline
Glorious raindrops
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Future? - July 1st 2011, 02:29 AM

It's always important to take into consideration that while you may know deeply that this is what you want, when there are other people involved, the outcome becomes much more complex. This applies to any kind of human association of any gender, age, and life stage. The uncertainty factor is always there, and it is amplified especially when the outcome of a situation depends on the cooperation of another individual. I've certainly had "friends" bail out on me last minute with regards to commitments to serious future plans, several times. Be prepared for the possibility - I'm just saying.

Other than that, good luck. I hope you prove "most girls" wrong.

"If limitations exist, it is because we have erased the possibility of potential."

Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Hiraeth 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
No-Panties!!! Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dee

Re: Future? - July 1st 2011, 12:36 PM

thank for the post
we have both accepted that things might get in the way and even though we are determined to stay together no matter how close you are friends come and go.
if she goes into acting she will travel a lot and im staying in our local town for a while before i plan on traveling to animal rescue centers around the world and to archaeology digs too so we wont be together always like we are now.
thanks again for the post and for being honest about what you think (a lot of people will just lie to keep others happy)
thanks

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: Future? - July 3rd 2011, 11:45 AM

I would say it does sound like a really nice idea to get a flat with your friend. I live in a house with friends at the moment and it does cost a lot of money to be able to afford rent and all the living costs that come with it. When you are at college and trying to manage work as well it can be difficult so you should probably bear that in mind.

Believe
You can do anything you want to
:-)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Future? - July 3rd 2011, 01:21 PM

Theres no reason why it can't work, you just have to be prepared to put in the work for it. Doesn't sound too bit to do though, so good luck!

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#6 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Future? - July 5th 2011, 05:03 PM

I agree. As long as you've got confidence and the determination to make it work, I think you're set.

But I'm 14. What do I know?

Anyway, good luck

Closed Thread