TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts


Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!



Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Sistrurus Offline
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Sistrurus's Avatar
 
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 435
Join Date: June 28th 2011

My goal diary - July 31st 2011, 04:04 AM

Hey I seen this idea, earlier on this forum and decided I would do the same thing, so this is a going to be a goal diary that I will update, when I get tasks done, or add more to it.
About Me
I am Josh, I live in Arkansas I am 15. I will be a sophomore this year. I am not quite the normal 15 year old but I am happy with who I am for the most part. I play bass, write songs, kind of sing (not too good but it’s fun.) I also scream and growl for harder styles of music. I went through an extremely bad stage in my life when I was around 12-13 when a lot of bad stuff hit my family all at the same time which almost separated us permanently.

Life Goals
• Have a house
• Have a wife
• Have kids
• Live to see my grandkids

Long term Goals (10 years)
• Get a Bachelors / Master’s degree in Computer science / Information Technology
• Have a Good Relationship
• Get a good job that is reliable, that I like, and makes decent money.
• Buy a house
• Buy a car


Medium term Goals (5 year)
• Graduate high school with a 3.5+ GPA
• Get good ACT and SAT scores
• Get into a good College
• Get a job while im in college at some Pet Store with the reptiles hopefully.

Short Term Goals (1 Year)
• Find my band members
• Get a 3.5+ GPA for the year.
• Get an A in my AP Psychology / Honors Algebra 2 / Criminal Justice Courses
• Start better studying habits
• Get another Leopard Gecko
• Improve my Musical Talents in all ways
• Make some more friends
• Improve my confidence
• Maybe get an internship at a Record company.


Weekly Goals
• Improve my growling / screaming
• Clean my room
• Get more school stuff
• Go to the dentist
• Find more bands to advertise for.
• Start studying some Spanish and math
• Study Spanish atleast 3 hours a week
• Study math atleast 2 hours a week



<3 ‎"I'll never let you fall, I'll stand up with you forever. i'll be there through it all" <3
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Soliloquy Offline
I've been here a while
********
 
Soliloquy's Avatar
 
Age: 20
Gender: Female

Posts: 1,354
Join Date: April 20th 2010

Re: My goal diary - July 31st 2011, 07:51 PM

Best of luck! You'll do great, I'm sure!
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Deadpool Offline
Chat Mentor

Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Name: Cara
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Location: Scotland

Posts: 6,649
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: My goal diary - July 31st 2011, 08:44 PM

Good luck with all your goals

I think having goals like this is pretty awesome. Since while long term goals are something to always work towards it's still nice to have some short term goals that you can achieve pretty soon and then congratulate yourself for



All I really need's a smile, smile, smile
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Sistrurus Offline
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Sistrurus's Avatar
 
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 435
Join Date: June 28th 2011

Re: My goal diary - August 1st 2011, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Best of luck! You'll do great, I'm sure!
Thank you, i am gonna try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt'n Cara View Post
Good luck with all your goals

I think having goals like this is pretty awesome. Since while long term goals are something to always work towards it's still nice to have some short term goals that you can achieve pretty soon and then congratulate yourself for

Thanks, ya i agree with you. Plus considering i am only 15 those long term goals about the degree and everything could change so easily because of my interests changing so i am sure a lot of stuff will change on here .



<3 ‎"I'll never let you fall, I'll stand up with you forever. i'll be there through it all" <3
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Age of Ignorance's Avatar
 
Name: Mitch
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 1,341
Join Date: February 3rd 2009

Re: My goal diary - August 1st 2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
Thank you, i am gonna try.



Thanks, ya i agree with you. Plus considering i am only 15 those long term goals about the degree and everything could change so easily because of my interests changing so i am sure a lot of stuff will change on here .
Tend to agree with you there. At the age of fifteen, I didn't really set myself a lot of long-term goals, because I knew they were going to change because of outside influences. That being said, it's always good to have long term goals because you know what you have to do and how to get there; and if you change your mind, really high long term goals allows you to adapt to that because of the experiences you've had with your education, especially with graduate goals. Like, I knew I wanted to be a Barrister (not the coffee-maker :P), and I knew I had to achieve such and such to get there - but if I had changed my mind with those other achievements under my belt, they would help me in a big way to adapt to that change.

Good luck with your goals, mate!


Because in the end, it doesn't even matter.
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Sistrurus Offline
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Sistrurus's Avatar
 
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 435
Join Date: June 28th 2011

Re: My goal diary - August 1st 2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Composure View Post
Tend to agree with you there. At the age of fifteen, I didn't really set myself a lot of long-term goals, because I knew they were going to change because of outside influences. That being said, it's always good to have long term goals because you know what you have to do and how to get there; and if you change your mind, really high long term goals allows you to adapt to that because of the experiences you've had with your education, especially with graduate goals. Like, I knew I wanted to be a Barrister (not the coffee-maker :P), and I knew I had to achieve such and such to get there - but if I had changed my mind with those other achievements under my belt, they would help me in a big way to adapt to that change.

Good luck with your goals, mate!
Ya, that is what i was thinking, because i had been set on computer stuff for quite awhile, but now i am starting to wonder if thats want i want to do DX.



<3 ‎"I'll never let you fall, I'll stand up with you forever. i'll be there through it all" <3
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
James Moriarty Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?
**********
 
James Moriarty's Avatar
 
Name: James Moriarty
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Location: Elsewhere

Posts: 4,135
Join Date: January 19th 2011

Re: My goal diary - August 2nd 2011, 03:37 PM

Good luck with this! It's nice to have some stuff written down because it means you'll remember it more and thus have mroe of a chance of working towards what you want in life. You're young, so there's a chance things will change, but that's fine too! There's nothing wrong with changing your mind at this age, or any age really, as long as you're realistic with it. I wish you the best of luck!


In a world of locked rooms
The man with the key is king.
And honey
You should see me in a crown
Tumblr
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Sistrurus Offline
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Sistrurus's Avatar
 
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 435
Join Date: June 28th 2011

Re: My goal diary - August 2nd 2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost. View Post
Good luck with this! It's nice to have some stuff written down because it means you'll remember it more and thus have mroe of a chance of working towards what you want in life. You're young, so there's a chance things will change, but that's fine too! There's nothing wrong with changing your mind at this age, or any age really, as long as you're realistic with it. I wish you the best of luck!
Thank you , Ya, that is what i was thinking about the changing my mind and i am fairly forgetful so this should help me remember



<3 ‎"I'll never let you fall, I'll stand up with you forever. i'll be there through it all" <3
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
football94 Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
football94's Avatar
 
Age: 19

Posts: 112
Join Date: July 13th 2011

Re: My goal diary - August 3rd 2011, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
Hey I seen this idea, earlier on this forum and decided I would do the same thing, so this is a going to be a goal diary that I will update, when I get tasks done, or add more to it.
About Me
I am Josh, I live in Arkansas I am 15. I will be a sophomore this year. I am not quite the normal 15 year old but I am happy with who I am for the most part. I play bass, write songs, kind of sing (not too good but it’s fun.) I also scream and growl for harder styles of music. I went through an extremely bad stage in my life when I was around 12-13 when a lot of bad stuff hit my family all at the same time which almost separated us permanently.

Life Goals
• Have a house
• Have a wife
• Have kids
• Live to see my grandkids

Long term Goals (10 years)
• Get a Bachelors / Master’s degree in Computer science / Information Technology
• Have a Good Relationship
• Get a good job that is reliable, that I like, and makes decent money.
• Buy a house
• Buy a car


Medium term Goals (5 year)
• Graduate high school with a 3.5+ GPA
• Get good ACT and SAT scores
• Get into a good College
• Get a job while im in college at some Pet Store with the reptiles hopefully.

Short Term Goals (1 Year)
• Find my band members
• Get a 3.5+ GPA for the year.
• Get an A in my AP Psychology / Honors Algebra 2 / Criminal Justice Courses
• Start better studying habits
• Get another Leopard Gecko
• Improve my Musical Talents in all ways
• Make some more friends
• Improve my confidence
• Maybe get an internship at a Record company.


Weekly Goals
• Improve my growling / screaming
• Clean my room
• Get more school stuff
• Go to the dentist
• Find more bands to advertise for.
• Start studying some Spanish and math
• Study Spanish atleast 3 hours a week
• Study math atleast 2 hours a week

Nice list! Dont forget to take the AP Psych exam. I wish you luck with confidence, if you ever need any help just msg me I did alot of those courses you said like spanish algebra psych but in general help too
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Sistrurus Offline
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Sistrurus's Avatar
 
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 435
Join Date: June 28th 2011

Re: My goal diary - August 3rd 2011, 03:30 AM

Well thank you . I am hoping i got into Ap Psych i don't know for sure yet, i will know monday when i get my schedule. I might have to ask you for some help with spanish DX i didn't do too great last year. But i am good with Alegbra.



<3 ‎"I'll never let you fall, I'll stand up with you forever. i'll be there through it all" <3
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
diary, goal

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All material copyright ©1998-2014, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.