TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lightwhistle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Help me figure things out? - August 3rd 2011, 05:12 AM

Well, this is the first time ive used these forums, so the whole thing is kind of new to me. But really i joined so i could voice my confusions, get advice, and know that im not alone.

So i've been, and still am on, accutane, which has some side effects that can "mess with your head". But lately, ive just been feeling like i want to be known. Sure its every kids dream to be famous, but whats really caught me by surprise is that the idea just came out of nowhere for me. I mean, id never really minded my life before. But now i realize that i want to be known, and not just be another person on this planet. Im sure lots of people can relate, riht? More to my surprise ive actually started trying to improve my singing, dancing, and body. Im a 5'8" blonde and by no means am i overweight, i just dont have a lot of muscle.

So i guess what im asking here is do you think i should continue? And if so, heres problem number 2 (im a very troubled person haha).

So i mean, i have the ambition and motivation for all of this, and i want to do it, but im scared to. And im not really sure what im scared of. I think that itz just the huge change. I mean, i hate it when my daily schedule gets interrupted, so this would be huge. So do you guys have any ideas how i could overcome this fear? Because i want to keep going, but im afraid all of my hard work will be wasted if im too scared to even go to an audition...

Thanks for any replies!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ignite Offline
Skittles Minion

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Help me figure things out? - August 3rd 2011, 05:27 AM

Well first, I would post in the Arrivals and Depatures. That way, you can tell everybody you're new, and everybody can say hello!
Second, have you thought about getting off Accutane? It has a lot of dangerous side effects, one being depression. I would talk to your doctor about it.
Wanting to be famous or well known is completely normal. I hope I could say I knew you in a few years hahaha. Of course you should continue, you should always follow your dreams/goals. It'd be god to have a back up plan, but going for this would not be a bad thing.
And I know how it feels with the daily schedule thing. I get very stressed out when I'm off my daily schedule. You'll get used to it though. And you'll get out of your fear of auditions after doing more.

Stand before the people you fear and speak your mind
- even if your voice s h a k e s. -Maggie Kuhn

Rest in Peace Peter.
Skittlify
  Send a message via MSN to Ignite  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Tro Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tro

Re: Help me figure things out? - August 4th 2011, 08:15 PM

Hello Lightwhistle. Welcome to Teenhelp .

I agree with Traci, you should continue to follow your dreams. In this case, they seem to have such beneficial impacts on your life. As for the conflict it creates with your schedule, why couldn't you schedule the extra efforts you've been putting into these pursuits around the activities that you're already involved with? That way, you wouldn't have to deal with feeling like your schedule was interrupted, because you'd simply be following the same schedule (only a bit more packed, because of all the other stuff you'd be doing).
  Send a message via AIM to Tro Send a message via Skype™ to Tro 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Lightwhistle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help me figure things out? - August 5th 2011, 05:13 AM

Thanks for your advice, both of you and thanks for the schedule suggestion Tro! This will definitely help.me out

Closed Thread