TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Invision Offline
The Random Axe of Kindness
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: James

James's long-short-mid-term-goals which may or may not be possible! - December 10th 2011, 05:50 PM

I wanted to put 'triggering: zombie invasion', but sadly this was not an option. Administration, you really need to get on this: This website has almost no resources for us zombies! I'm not THAT much of a minority, I mean, jeez.

Goal for my entire life:
- Save the world (because even if I can't do it, I can get pretty far).

Major goals/plans (in no certain order):
- Kill depression. Get it out of my life. Out out OUT.

- Once I kill depression and can function, write fiction for three hours a day (1.5 in the morning and 1.5 in the evening). I want to make a career in fiction writing, and honestly 1800 hours of writing a year is too LITTLE, imo.

- Walk across the United States without ever touching a hotel/motel or entering a stranger's home.

- Be homeless for at least a month. Walk into a large city with nothing but the clothes on my back and $50 in my shoe for emergencies. ... And a bible and probably a gun.

- Get fourth degree black belts in Judo and Karate. I've got a brown belt in karate already, but I'm so out of practice I'd have to start back at it over again anyway. xD

- Get a license to conceal and carry and learn how to shoot whatever gun I end up buying. Y'know, so I don't end up accidentally shooting anyone or something.

- Get a Bachelor's degree in either special education (I want to teach disabled highschool kids), social work or psychology (I could also be a good therapist, apparently).

- Get a Bachelor's degree in english. I plan to double-major.

- Get a PhD in social work or psychology. And if I have the time, English.

- Or just get a PhD in English.

- Learn to play the piano.

Short-term, lifestyle change goals:
- Exercise more.
- Improve my diet through the joy of smoothies.

Mid-term goals:
- Reconnect with God. Read my bible. Blah blah. I'm a hardcore Christian but praying makes me feel guilty because I'm such a bad Christian and have blatantly ignored God many times - while still believing in Him! Bah.

- Pass this school year. This one isn't really under my control, but eh. Pass this school year ... as much as I possibly can?

- Work on being more humble. *cough* I think I'm one of the most talented people as far as fiction writing goes alive in the world right now. Of course I think I'm right, but I'm not quite sure how this could be anything but narcissistic.

- Learn to dance.

- Dance in the rain with a friend with a boombox under my porch so it's not getting rained on but there's still music. Not sure which friend yet.

Post-depression goals:
- Everything here that isn't short term.

To note, my mind is half 'in the clouds' and half in reality. I'm severely depressed but still have a naturally idealistic nature. I spend time ranting to my friend about how everyone has the capacity to save the world and we all need to embrace that capacity. I failed tenth grade last year and I'm making D's this year because of depression, but I still plan to get a PhD.

I'm ever-so-slightly fickle and contradictory. *shrug* Oh well, I still plan to do all of these things because I'm... me?

To quote my friend, "Yes, to anyone else I would be sarcastic, but... you're James! You can do anything." He was serious.

I used to have supportive friends but then they stopped talking to me. Apparently having your brains eaten somehow kills you. I'm trying to figure out how to reanimate the dead though.

(No, really though, all of my close friends have left my life for one reason or the other. It's up to you to decide on whether or not this is because I ate their brains though.).

James

You deserve love.
Now that we've got that done with, may I eat your brains?
  Send a message via AIM to Invision Send a message via MSN to Invision Send a message via Yahoo to Invision  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Gaia Offline
same same, but different.
Outside, huh?

Name: Lou

Re: James's long-short-mid-term-goals which may or may not be possible! - December 12th 2011, 10:35 AM

Ah I love this post, it has officially made my day.
I love your list of goals, they're personal and extremely do-able! Bad grades shouldn't stop you from trying to reach for better. I'm in University and my grades have been sub par the last two years due to depression, but I've decided what I want from life and I'm working to get there. Just like it sounds you are. Good plan
You're totally planning for the zombie apocalypse with a couple of the points though. Aren't you? Do be careful.
Do it because you know you can, indeed because you're you. I wish you all the best [:

"Life is pain, anybody that says different is selling something" ~ Fezzik's Mother, The Princess Bride. ♥

"To die, would be an awfully big adventure."~ Peter Pan

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

~ The Buddha

14-04-2010. R.R <3

Closed Thread